UW System President Kevin Reilly is pulling together a high-profile group to uncover roadblocks that need to be removed and incentives that need to be put into place to move more university research into the hands of Wisconsin businesses and start-up companies. The announcement follows release of the Wisconsin Technology Council’s report on “The Economic Value of Academic R&D in Wisconsin.” Read more in this Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel story. Also, read this story in Biotech Transfer Week.
- Record number of judges, investors to screen entries for 2018 Governor’s Business Plan ContestJanuary 17, 2018
- Wisconsin student entries welcome by Jan. 31 for 2018 Governor’s Business Plan ContestJanuary 15, 2018
- Inside Wis: Underused ‘white space’ in broadcast spectrum offers broadband hopeJanuary 12, 2018
- Hyde Sportswear, 2016 Governor’s Business Plan Contest winner, to appear on ABC’s “Shark Tank”January 11, 2018
- WisPolitics: Jan. 18 panel examines future of nuclear energy in WisconsinJanuary 10, 2018