Angel investors from across the Midwest will join startup companies and others who are building Wisconsin’s high-growth economy at the 10th annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, to be held June 5-6, 2012, at Milwaukee’s Pfister Hotel.
The regional meeting of the national Angel Capital Association will attract private-equity investors from about a half-dozen states. Operating as a conference within a conference, investors who visit Milwaukee for the ACA’s regional meeting will attend breakout discussions designed for investors and will also be able to take part in all plenary sessions of the Entrepreneurs’ Conference.
“We’re thrilled the ACA selected Milwaukee as a place to relaunch its regional gatherings of angel investors, who have helped to keep the Midwest and Wisconsin on the national map as a great place to start and grow a business,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council.
Other conference highlights include:
- Nationally known speakers, including lean startup expert Bob Dorf;
- The Top 12: Finalists in the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off;
- Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” Award, with the 2012 winner to be announced before the conference;
- About 15 panels and workshops built around the themes of “Launch, Grow and Succeed” and;
- Plenty of chances to network over food and refreshments!
The Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference is produced by the Tech Council, the independent, non-profit science and technology advisers to the governor and the Legislature. It serves as a catalyst for the growth of Wisconsin’s tech-based and entrepreneurial economy.