A group that includes the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. (WEDC) and aviation and aerospace businesses, including Milwaukee-based Astronautics Corporation of America, announced it’s considering building “an aviation/aerospace center of excellence” in southeastern Wisconsin. The new establishment would house research on new aerospace and cybersecurity systems, and bring together engineers, software developers, and other professionals, according to a news release. While a construction timeline is still to come, members of the group expect the center will be located at Astronautics’ headquarters. Read the full story here.
- InsideWis: Here’s how Wisconsin can supply the 10,000 workers Foxconn may needJuly 21, 2017
- Startups in northeast Wisconsin: Call to action with gener8tor at Aug. 10 Innovation Network luncheonJuly 20, 2017
- WisBusiness: Upcoming luncheon put on by the Wisconsin Technology Council will focus on the front lines in the war on cancerJuly 18, 2017
- Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center: DOE Selects Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Center For Next-Phase FundingJuly 17, 2017
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Milwaukee employers promoting diversityJuly 13, 2017