Attention UW Students, Faculty, Staff and Alumni!
The Ideadvance Seed Fund welcomes applications for the upcoming June 2017 cohort.
Ideadvance Seed Fund is a grant opportunity for researchers and colleagues on UW campuses (excluding Madison).
Please help spread the word in your departments or organizations.
A brief background:
The University of Wisconsin System and the Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. (WEDC) created a $2 million seed fund administered by UW‐Extension supporting faculty, staff, students and ALUMNI entrepreneurs to commercialize technology and ideas developed statewide.
The Ideadvance Seed Fund provides up to $75,000 in two stages to support entrepreneurs as they…
- Evaluate product or service ideas
- Explore key markets
- Validate demand
- Develop strategies for investment sources
Those with early stage ideas can earn up to $25,000 by exploring and validating key business model assumptions. For companies that have already validated key business metrics, a competitive $50,000 grant is available through the Ideadvance Stage 2 program.
Are you eligible?
- Alumni and current non-UW Madison faculty, staff or students. UW-Madison applicants are not eligible, but may partner with alumni or current faculty, staff or students from an eligible campus.
- You may also be eligible if you are licensing technology from the UW-Milwaukee Research Foundation or from WiSys. WARF licensed technologies are not eligible.
- Direct to consumer, retail and hospitality businesses are NOT eligible to participate.
Stage 1 and Stage 2 proposals are due by 5:00PM on April 28. This will be the last application deadline scheduled for 2017!
If you believe you have an innovative idea with expected Wisconsin impact, contact Idella Yamben, New Idea Concierge, at email@example.com , or 608-263-3315 to discuss your eligibility.