Successful investors and entrepreneurs from California’s Silicon Valley will offer perspectives on opportunities and challenges in Wisconsin’s tech sectors during a 90-minute presentation at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, to be held June 4-5 at the Marriott West in Middleton.
Speakers and panelists, all of whom are UW-Madison graduates in engineering or computer sciences, will include:
- Roy Thiele-Sardina, general partner of HighBAR Ventures in Palo Alto.
- Sanjeev Chitre, a partner with The U-Group investment firm in San Jose.
- Mark Reinstra, a partner in Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati in San Francisco.
Other panelists affiliated with the Silicon Valley Badgers group will be announced soon. The group will suggest Wisconsin shouldn’t dwell on replicating the Silicon Valley but instead build on its own strengths, which are significant. The discussion is set for 8:30 a.m. June 5.
Already announced is a June 4 opening keynote by Jason Lucash, co-founder of OrigAudio and Entrepreneur Magazine’s “Emerging Entrepreneur of 2012.” Lucash will be available later in the day, as well. Other highlights will include:
· The Top 12: Finalists in the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off;
· The Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” Award, with the 2013 winner to be announced before the conference;
· Wisconsin Innovation Showcase, which will highlight some of the state’s best and boldest companies and their innovative products;
· Fifteen panel discussions built around three distinct stages that matter to all startup companies: launch, grow and succeed. Seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and others who work with emerging companies will take part in each discussion.
· Plenty of chances to network over food and refreshments!
The Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference is produced by the Tech Council, the independent, non-profit science and technology advisors to the governor and the Legislature. It serves as a catalyst for the growth of Wisconsin’s tech-based and entrepreneurial economy.
Sponsors so far include: 5Nines; Aberdean Consulting; AE Business Solutions; Alliant Energy; AlphaTech Counsel; American Family Insurance; American Transmission Co.; AT&T; Aurora Health Care; Baird Capital; BDO; BloodCenter of Wisconsin; BMO Harris Bank; City of Fitchburg; CoreBTS; Cresa Madison; Death’s Door Distillery; EarthIT; First Business Bank; Godfrey & Kahn S.C.; Google, Grant Thornton; HP Enterprises; IBM; Madison Gas & Electric; Makin’ HEY! Communications; Marshfield Clinic Applied Sciences; Michael Best & Friedrich; Midwest Prototyping; Murphy Desmond S.C.; Neider & Boucher S.C.; Nelson Schmidt; New Age Data Centers; Quarles & Brady LLP; Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.; Revelation PR, Advertising & Social Media; The Business Journal; Tweedee Media; University Research Park; UW-Extension Division of Entrepreneurship and Economic Development; UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations; UW-Milwaukee; Venture Investors LLC; Vital Support Systems; WEA Trust; Whyte Hirschboeck Dudek s.c.; Widen Enterprises; WisBusiness.com; Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation; Wisconsin Health and Educational Facilities Authority; Wisconsin Technology Network; and Yahara Software.
Thank you to the Middleton Tourism Commission for its support of the conference. To learn more about the host city and what it has to offer, go to http://www.visitmiddleton.com/.