DeWitt LLP announced today 11 of its attorneys were named by Wisconsin Super Lawyers® as top attorneys in Wisconsin for 2019. Additionally, 8 attorneys were recognized as Rising Stars®.
Attorneys selected for inclusion in 2019 Wisconsin Super Lawyers and Rising Stars are:
- Shannon A. Allen – Business Litigation
- Jon P. Axelrod – Business Litigation
- Stephen A. DiTullio – Employment & Labor
- Eric A. Farnsworth – PI Plaintiff
- Douglas H. Frazer – Tax
- David J. Hase – Business Litigation
- Paul R. Hoefle – Business Litigation
- Ronald R. Ragatz – Insurance Coverage
- Joseph A. Ranney, III – Business Litigation
- Brian R. Smigelski – Business Litigation
- Michael W. Wilcox – Estate & Probate
- Matthew J. Hills – Business/Corporate
- Chase A. Horne – Civil Litigation – Defense
- Oliva M. Kelley – General Litigation
- Michael R. Kruse – Civil Litigation – Plaintiff
- Deborah H. Meiners – Business Litigation
- Scott M. Paler – Employment & Labor
- Brody C. Richter – Business/Corporate
- Barret V. Van Sicklen – Employment & Labor
The selections for Super Lawyers are made by the research team at Super Lawyers, which is a service of the Thomson Reuters legal division based in Eagan, Minnesota. Each year the team conducts a thorough selection process that includes a statewide survey of lawyers, independent evaluation of candidates by the attorney-led research staff, a peer review of candidates by practice area and a good-standing and disciplinary check.
The final list of Wisconsin Super Lawyers features the top five percent of attorneys in more than 60 practice areas. Lawyers featured on the Rising Stars list are selected based upon similar criteria as Super Lawyers; however, a candidate must either be under 40 years of age or in practice for 10 years or less, and a peer evaluation is not conducted.
DeWitt LLP is one of the ten largest law firms based in Wisconsin, with an additional presence in Minnesota. It has nearly 140 attorneys practicing in Madison and Metropolitan Milwaukee, Wisconsin, and Minneapolis, Minnesota, in a variety of legal areas and has the experience to service clients of all scopes and sizes. The firm is known for its work in several areas, including intellectual property, patents, trademarks and copyright law, civil rights litigation, construction litigation, corporate law, employment, environmental, employee benefits, estate planning, family law, government relations, health care, litigation, real estate, and tax law. More information is available at dewittllp.com.