- This event has passed.
Rural Infrastructure Intersections: Healthcare and Broadband Webinar
August 17 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Marie Barry, RWHC Director of Community Economic Development
You can contact Marie at mbarry@RWHC.com with questions related to this event.
2020 highlighted that broadband connectivity is essential to survival. Many rural residents struggled as school, social opportunities, and more moved online yet their internet connection was too slow, too expensive, or wholly unavailable. Since the start of the pandemic, our nation has dedicated unprecedented resources to improving broadband connectivity, including in rural areas.
- What role can hospitals play in the deployment of broadband investments?
- How can hospitals and communities partner together to solve broadband challenges?
- How have hospitals engaged in broadband projects?
- Why should communities seek the involvement of hospitals in broadband deployment?
- What resources exist for communities and hospitals looking to bolster their local broadband infrastructure?
- How does broadband access relate to health outcomes
Healthcare employees interested in growing their economic development knowledge around broadband. Roles may include but are not limited to CEO, business development, community engagement, community relations, public relations, population health, development, etc.
Economic development practitioners interested in learning how to partner with healthcare institutions to solve local issues such as broadband.
Consider attending this webinar if you would like to:
- Learn more about rural broadband issues and solutions
- Know why healthcare organizations should engage in broadband work
- Be able to explain how health and broadband relate
- Know how to partner with local economic development practitioners to solve broadband challenges
- Know how to partner with healthcare institutions to solve local broadband challenges