Wisconsin’s promising young technology companies hope to fill up on cash and connections, high-octane fuel for start-ups, at a new statewide business plan competition. Business plan contests elsewhere have proved to be more than mere academic exercises. Over the past 15 years, more than 75 companies employing some 2,000 workers have spun out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s $50K Entrepreneurship Competition. Companies competing in Pittsburgh’s EnterPrize competition raked in about $8 million in venture capital over the first four years of the event.
- Formation of ‘Tech Caucus’ will help keep state lawmakers apprised of trends, issuesOctober 27, 2020
- InsideWis: Here are trends that may shape Wisconsin’s post-COVID economyOctober 22, 2020
- DataChat Closes $4 Million Seed Round to Accelerate the Democratization of Data AnalyticsOctober 20, 2020
- EHRN: Trends in Overall and Non-COVID-19 Hospital AdmissionsOctober 20, 2020
- Can Wisconsin lead bio-industrial surge? Find out at 2020 Early Stage SymposiumOctober 20, 2020