Wisconsin’s promising young technology companies hope to fill up on cash and connections, high-octane fuel for start-ups, at a new statewide business plan competition. Business plan contests elsewhere have proved to be more than mere academic exercises. Over the past 15 years, more than 75 companies employing some 2,000 workers have spun out of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s $50K Entrepreneurship Competition. Companies competing in Pittsburgh’s EnterPrize competition raked in about $8 million in venture capital over the first four years of the event.
- WEDC: Enterprise Zone credits help power Generac expansionOctober 19, 2021
- El-Amin brothers to highlight entrepreneurial endeavors Nov. 4 at Early Stage SymposiumOctober 18, 2021
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Wisconsin startups raised a record $436M from VCs so far this yearOctober 15, 2021
- Madison Startups: Imbed Biosciences Awarded $800K GrantOctober 15, 2021
- Guest column: Growing tech talent in Wisconsin requires investment in current workforceOctober 14, 2021