Celebrate the beginning of autumn with the tech and ‘trep communities on Thursday, September 6th, for our annual end-of-summer social and networking event, “Barrels, Bites and Bytes,” at Yahara Bay Distillery in Fitchburg. Registration is open through 5 p.m. Tuesday and walk-ins are welcome.
Here are the Top 10 reasons to drop by between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Thursday for an evening celebrating innovation and entrepreneurship in Wisconsin.
- September – and autumn – are just beginning. Why not celebrate school starting, cooler temps and the beauty of the season with Tech Council members, friends and guests?
- You’ll get to sample some tasty craft cocktails and Wisconsin beer and wine. Special libations created just for the Tech Council include the “Fitchburg Mule,” the “Madison Palmer” and the “Wisc-Old-Fashioned.” With choices like that, it’s hard to go wrong.
- It’s a traditional tailgate buffet, including mini brat and burger sliders, sides, all the fixings and vegetarian options. Three kinds of brats and three kinds of burgers offer a variety that should please everyone!
- Indulge your inner-kid with favorite ice cream novelties! Satisfy your craving for ice cream sandwiches, fudgesicles, mini swirl cones and bomb pops – one last summer treat!
- Have we mentioned live music from a techie band? “Grooving Needles” will set the tone with Madison-area band members. An unnamed basement band at birth, “Grooving Needles” performs classic rock hits and more. They’ll take requests!
- Proceeds will benefit Tech Council programing including Wisconsin YES!, our youth business plan contest.
- It’s a cheap date. The cost is $35 for Tech Council Innovation Network members, $50 for general admission and $10 for returning veterans and students 21 and older with an ID. (We’ll have non-alcoholic drinks on hand, as well.)
- You’ll meet a lot of interesting people… and get reacquainted with old friends.
- You’ll walk away with some bling from sponsors that include the City of Fitchburg, Fitchburg Chamber Visitor + Business Bureau and Quarles & Brady.
- Your admission fee covers everything, so don’t worry about extra charges once you’re past the door.
More information and registration details can be found here.