With another school year on the horizon and summer’s end in sight, join us Thursday for the second annual “Brew, Bites and Bytes” celebration at Wisconsin Brewing Co. in Verona. Registration is open through 5 p.m. today and walk-ins are welcome.
Here are the Top 10 reasons to drop by between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Thursday for a celebration of innovation and entrepreneurship.
- The forecast is for sunny skies and cool temperatures, so there’s no need for umbrellas or hand-held fans.
- You’ll get to sample some tasty craft beers. On tap will be Wisconsin Brewing’s Badger Club, Yankee Buzzard, Betray Ale and Electro-Shock TherHopy. With names like that, it’s hard to go wrong.
- It’s a pig roast with all the fixings and vegetarian options. The pig will take up residence on site in an open-fire rotisserie.
- If you haven’t had a s’more this summer, this will be your chance! Satisfy your craving for marshmallows and chocolate united. A fire pit will provide the necessary heat and the right setting.
- Have we mentioned live music from a techie band? “Grooving Needles” will set the tone with Madison-area band members. An unnamed basement band at birth, “Grooving Needles” performs classic rock hits and more. They’ll take requests!
- There will be a raffle to benefit Wisconsin YES!, the youth business plan contest produced by the Wisconsin Technology Council. First prize is Wisconsin Brewing Co. Beer for a Year.
- It’s a cheap date. The cost is $25 for Tech Council Innovation Network and Bunker Labs members, $35 for general admission and $10 for students with an ID. (We’ll have non-alcoholic drinks on hand, as well.)
- You’ll meet a lot of interesting people… and get reacquainted with old friends. The event is being held in conjunction with Forward Fest 17, so there will be no shortage of people tied to Wisconsin’s innovation economy.
- You’ll walk away with some bling from sponsors that include the City of Fitchburg, Quarles & Brady and Whitewater University Technology Park Innovation Center.
- Your admission fee covers everything, so don’t worry about extra charges once you’re past the door … unless you choose to enter the raffle.
More information and registration details can be found here.