The good news is that the UW-Madison campus has stepped up its game. The business school’s Weinert Center for Entrepreneurship is taking a special interest in helping what executive director Jon Eckhardt calls “backpack entrepreneurs.” The Wisconsin Institute for Discovery, which encourages cross-disciplinary collaboration, offers free business consulting and a workspace for the computer science entrepreneur students. And the computer science department is trying to remedy what they see as a longstanding gap in department programming. Read the full Isthmus story here.
- ‘Grow’ panels focus on startups June 4-5 at Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ ConferenceMay 20, 2019
- ‘Launch’ panels focus on startups June 4-5 at Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ ConferenceMay 17, 2019
- InsideWis: Rural and urban economies can improve with cooperationMay 16, 2019
- MadREP: State of the Madison Region EconomyMay 14, 2019
- ‘Diversity’ panel to focus on what works June 4 at Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ ConferenceMay 10, 2019