The Milwaukee Business Journal is asking readers to weigh in on which startup they think is best positioned for growth in the year ahead.
We selected several startups to choose from, focusing on emerging companies that made headlines in 2018, whether by landing financing from investors, launching a new product, expanding their product or services, or getting some national recognition for their growth.
Click here to vote — BUSINESS PULSE: What’s the Milwaukee-area’s most-promising startup?
Check back on our site to see which startups are voted the top 10.
Here are the 24 startups we finalized for your consideration
- Bright Cellars – Milwaukee startup that matches consumers with wine types using algorithms;
- Coinigy – subscription-based company offers data aggregation, a marketing analytical tool for blockchain markets, and is a trading platform for digital currency, like Bitcoin;
- Custom Reality Services – a virtual reality content startup whose VR film recently was selected for the Sundance Film Festival;
- Frontdesk – Milwaukee startup company that operates a corporate and short-term housing rental business;
- Exit 7C – Exit 7C developed an app that helps fleet drivers pay for gas through their mobile devices, avoiding the threat of “skimming” devices at gas pumps;
- Margle Media – digital marketing firm produces social media content, including video, for more than 120 companies, including $4.1 billion animal supplies company Petco;
- Mindful Staffing Solutions – a job training and technology-based placement company;
- Scanalytics Inc. – Milwaukee tech company that develops internet-connected floor sensors for tracking people in buildings;
- Tai Diagnostics – provides diagnostic testing to monitor the health of transplanted organs in patients;
- Wantable Inc. – e-commerce company that offers personalized styling for customers based on consumer surveys;
- DocLaunch – a digital document management company using blockchain technology for the insurance and health care industries;
- GenoPalate – Milwaukee-based health tech company that uses genetic testing to help people make analytic-based changes to their diet;
- Ideawake – builds software around idea management and implementation to be used by large companies;
- Lumanu – created a platform where brands can securely pay to amplify their content through a marketing influencer’s social media account;
- Sift Healthcare – medical billing analytics company shows providers which patients are high risk for not paying their bills, which would allow health care providers to predetermine what members can pay for;
- Healthio Inc. – offers subscription-based app for monitoring health between clinic visits;
View the full list here.