Chocolate Rescue for Dogs is a semifinalist in the 2023 Governor’s Business Plan Contest. 

It is often said that dogs are man’s best friend. That is certainly  true of Amadeus Benitez and his beloved golden retriever, Leo.

At the close of 2021, Benitez returned home to discover that Leo had somehow gotten into a box of baking chocolate and ate two of the bars.

Benitez was in a panic, knowing that chocolate poisoning can be fatal to dogs. The methylxanthines in chocolate, primarily caffeine and theobromine, can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even heart failure. He grabbed Leo and rushed him into the emergency veterinary clinic.

Click here to read the full article.