Thirteen companies in the New North region of Wisconsin are expected to create nearly 1,500 new jobs after signing agreements with the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation in 2017 to expand their operations.
The New North is a regional economic development organization that encompasses 18 counties in northeastern Wisconsin.
Companies in the region that are expanding and adding jobs include:
- Forefront Dermatology, Manitowoc, 241 jobs
- Brakebush Brothers Inc., Marquette County, 219 jobs
- U.S. Venture, Appleton, more than 200 jobs
- MilliporeSigma, Sheboygan Falls, 175 jobs
- Masters Gallery Foods Inc., Sheboygan County, 150 jobs
- Nestle Dreyer’s Ice Cream Co., Appleton, 100 jobs
- Johnsonville Sausage, Sheboygan Falls, 98 jobs
- Amerequip, Kiel, 75 jobs
- La Force Inc., Green Bay, 71 jobs
- Cintas Corp., Outagamie County, 60 jobs
- DOWCO Inc., Manitowoc, 37 jobs
- Schwabe North America, Green Bay, 35 jobs
- Heartland Technology Group Inc., Little Chute, 19 jobs
“2017 was a record year for economic development in Wisconsin, and a significant amount of that activity took place in the New North Region of the state,” said WEDC Secretary and CEO Mark R. Hogan. “These expansion projects will open up new opportunities for workers throughout the region.”
“We are excited to see the continued expansion and growth within the New North,” said Jerry Murphy, executive director of New North Inc. “The opportunities presented for new jobs, with the collaboration of the WEDC, are outstanding for our regional workforce.”
Read the full article here.