Welcome to this year’s annual report to the community. It has been an incredibly busy and successful year across our major initiatives. Enjoy the stories — help us thank New North investors and volunteers — and celebrate the positive growth and momentum going into 2020. Collaboration: As this is the method by which our other work streams are predicated, we are proud to report that more than ever we have enhanced and expanded our relationships with our local partners and are recognized by state and federal agencies as the primary entity to communicate and execute priorities that align with our region’s. An example of this is the Wisconsin Department of Transportation Intermodal Summit and Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. and the Wisconsin Department of Revenue Roundtables that New North convened. With a region of 1.25 million residents, 675,000 jobs and more than $70 billion of annual gross regional product being generated by our 18-county region, we are getting the attention of these decision makers.Talent: This past year was filled with efforts to address our talent shortage through the initial stages of forming the New North Talent Hub.
- InsideWis: COVID-19 crisis throws into focus the problems of rural broadbandAugust 5, 2020
- Solid science, economic reasons behind COVID-19 masks, Tech Council votesAugust 4, 2020
- BPC ‘People’s Choice’ award winner certified for its SARS-coV-2 cleanerAugust 3, 2020
- WisBiz: The Show’ features investor Jason Fields, Tech Metrics and upcoming Tech Council eventsAugust 2, 2020
- InsideWis: Three companies give prominent face to COVID-19 testing partnership in WisconsinJuly 30, 2020