Virent, Madison’s pioneering biofuels company, is shrinking its staff by about one-third. The company, founded in 2002 based on UW-Madison research, ended the jobs of 35 employees on Wednesday; 76 employees remain at Virent’s North Side operations center, 3571 Anderson St. Read the full Wisconsin State Journal story here.
- InsideWis: TitletownTech illustrates growth of Wisconsin’s innovation economyJune 10, 2021
- WisBusiness: Investors, startup leaders backing $100 million fund of funds proposalJune 10, 2021
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Madison firm wins 2021 Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan competitionJune 8, 2021
- It’s a Wrap on the 2021 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference!June 7, 2021
- WisBusiness: A UW-Madison spinoff took home the grand prize of the Wisconsin BPCJune 7, 2021