21 Tips In ’21: Take care of your business with this quick list
New year, new goals, right? Or maybe even revisiting ones you had to abandon in 2020?
#1-3: COVID-19 Assistance
1. Paycheck Protection Program Assistance: The Small Business Administration has reopened both First Draw PPP Loans AND Second Draw PPP Loans. Wisconsin SBDC’s expert consultants can help you through what can feel like an overwhelming, confusing process.
2. Employer COVID-19 Vaccine Survey: State government wants to make sure that businesses have the right resources to encourage and facilitate vaccine protection against COVID-19 in the workplace. Help them help you!
3. Navigating the New Normal – COVID Response Guide: This workbook offers reflection questions, checklists and goal-setting prompts to help you feel more in control.
#4-6: Digital Marketing
4. E-Commerce Academy: The Wisconsin SBDC is running four sessions of its new virtual E-Commerce Academy: Premier Pathway to Revenue Producing Websites — a $499 value available at no cost.
5. Digital Marketing Clinic: Want tailored digital marketing services to zero in on your needs? Apply for a limited no-cost engagement that will save you time and give you a competitive advantage.
6. One-day conferences: Learn from experts and network with other business owners like you during these two popular virtual events in April –>
- SBDC at UW-Madison’s Digital Marketing and Social Media Conference, April 12
- Central Wisconsin Digital and Social Media Conference, April 14 (SBDC at UW-Stevens Point)
#7-10: Farm and Food
7. Farm Business Boot Camp: The Food Finance Institute’s next Farm Business Financial Boot Camp, four intensive days of training and targeted 1-on-1 support, is already full for Feb. 3-4 AND March 9-10, but learn more as upcoming sessions may be scheduled.
8. Wisconsin Restaurant Initiative: There are so many aspects of running a profitable restaurant — made even more challenging by the pandemic. Jason Schleip, the SBDC’s resident expert, can help you improve operations.
9. Scale Up: The FFI Scaler Series can help food and beverage businesses grow, one workshop at a time. There are 4 FREE sessions left:
- Marketing & Branding Planning, Feb. 4
- Operations & Organization Planning, Feb. 24
- Sources & Uses of Capital Finance Planning, March 18
- Food Safety & GFSI Planning, April 15
#11-15: Technology and Innovation
11. What is SBIR Innovation?: Your business could benefit from R&D funding, and the Center for Technology Commercialization’s consultants can help you tap into the $3.7 billion federal program.
12. Perfect Your Proposal, Feb 10 and 24: Pursue a profitable relationship with the Department of Defense! This webinar about a lucrative opportunity area could open your eyes to how you fit into their approach to innovation.
13. Get SBIR Ready! Speaking of the DoD, here’s a path to follow and get paid to do so. With the help of experts, earn up to $1,500 for completing this program and submitting your problem-solving idea.
14. CTC Sparks: The Innovator’s Series: Are you a YouTube learner? This video series offers an accessible connection to Wisconsin’s innovation and business support thought leaders. It’s informative AND a little quirky.
15. Micro-grants: Discover grants of up to $9,000 for Wisconsin high-tech companies, to offset costs of hiring grant-writing consultants.
#16-21: More Classes and Events
16. Entrepreneurial Training Program: This premiere course, offered virtually in 2021 across Wisconsin, can help you chart success through business modeling and business planning.
17. The Freelance Economy: How to Make Money at Home, Feb. 9: This webinar, for both freelancers and small businesses, focuses on the exploding work-from-home culture.
18. Analyzing the Decision to Pivot or Diversify Your Business, Feb. 16: With COVID-19 disrupting most industries, entrepreneurs are adjusting their business models and finding new revenue streams.
(REAL-WORLD EXAMPLE: Learn from National Dental Academy’s success.)
19. Go Global Initiative’s Export Pro Series, March 1: Join this interactive webinar to see how our Export Assessment Tool can find your full potential. (RELATED: Subscribe to the Go Global Newsletter for events, news and tips.)
20. Managing Remote Teams, March 8-10: With the right tools and the right mindset, you can leverage everyone’s talents to achieve optimum performance.
21. First Steps: New to entrepreneurship? With this online, flexible tool, assess your strengths and weaknesses as a potential business owner, learn how to analyze the feasibility of your idea and get familiar with the information you need to succeed.