Economic development strategies must take on a comprehensive, collaborative approach, especially in today’s climate.
Missy Hughes, Secretary and CEO of the Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation (WEDC), joins us to talk about all the factors that play into such an approach.
We discuss relevant economic development issues, like:
- Why workforce issues are about far more than jobs and skills
- How government can instill the speed of action common in the private sector
- The rise of entrepreneurship in the current economy
- The role of technical education in preparing learners for the workforce
- Resources employers can utilize to support their workforce