Today the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce announced the five finalists competing in this year’s Pressure Chamber startup initiative, which returns Aug. 27 during Forward Festival, an eight-day celebration of entrepreneurship and innovation in Madison.
At Pressure Chamber, emerging companies pitch in front of a panel of regional investors, business executives and a live audience. The winning company is decided based on a combination of judges’ scoring and audience votes.
The 2019 Pressure Chamber finalists are:
- American Provenance (Mount Horeb) – Manufacturer of handcrafted, natural personal-care and wellness products founded by a former middle school science teacher and launched on his fourth-generation family farm.
- Goods Unite Us (Madison) – Makes it easy for consumers to align their purchases with their politics, with a free app allowing customers to instantly see the politics of more than 4,000 brands and companies and to search by politician to see which companies are donating to them.
- NovoMoto (Madison) – For-profit social enterprise that provides clean electricity, with rent-to-own solar-powered systems, to off-grid communities in sub-Saharan Africa.
- OnLume (Madison) – Medical device company developing an intuitive platform for precise fluorescence image-guided surgery, providing surgeons with critical information on tissue types, features and function in real time during surgery.
- The Virtual Foundry (Stoughton) – Materials company that makes and sells metal 3D printing filaments that work in printers made for plastics.
“Once again this year, Greater Madison’s apex live pitch contest will feature a diverse array of top emerging companies ready to showcase their innovation,” said Chamber President Zach Brandon. “With all the success enjoyed by past winners and competitors, Pressure Chamber continues to send a strong message to the world that Greater Madison is a place of economic acceleration.” Read the full story here.