MEMBER JOB POSTINGS
Sourcing Category Manager, Dedicated Computing
Responsible for the supply chain design, supplier development, and negotiation for procurement of goods and services required for Dedicated Computing products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Understand all market aspects of assigned products/suppliers and be recognized as a global industry expert within Dedicated Computing. Responsible for driving the adoption of commodity and supply chain strategies into product design and/or manufacturing objectives.
Develop cost models and understand cost drivers
Be the recognized expert for global market information
Long-term supply/demand/capacity, price, market segments, and global/domestic market dynamics
Short and long term market trends
Through strong technical/market expertise, lead the development and execution of long term supply chain strategies that deliver a competitive advantage to the business. Strategies must:
Demonstrate an understanding of the supply base as it maps to Dedicated Computing demand over the next 3+ years
Identify gaps in Dedicated Computing direction vs. industry and provide recommendations to address gaps
Include contingency plans and risk analysis
Develop sourcing plans reflective of portfolio management: long term agreements, strategic sourcing relationships, etc.
Identify opportunities for product standardization, develop business cases, and drive strategies cross-functionally throughout the business
Develop global and comprehensive supplier/buyer contractual relationships. Develop negotiation strategies and drive negotiations to achieve stated goals and objectives.
Product Manager, OnLume
is a Madison, WI based surgical device company providing intuitive and ergonomic solutions for precise fluorescence image-guided surgery. Our company is committed to providing surgeons with critical information in real-time during surgery to advance precision. We are seeking passionate and driven individuals to join our team on the journey to provide best-in-class surgical imaging technology.
The Product Manager role is responsible for providing marketing leadership on strategic products within the surgical visualization market. In this role, you will have responsibilities including user needs development, voice of customer, and product development marketing leading up to the launch phase of new products. Prior experience in medical imaging is highly preferred.
Main objectives and activities:
• Build and maintain expertise on competitive and related products and technologies within the surgical visualization space through training, research, and knowledge bases.
• Create and execute voice of customer and market research plans to support business strategy and goals. Analyze competitor and market trends, identify unmet market needs, and provide recommendations to expand the surgical visualization product line.
• Collaborate with design, engineering, and sales and marketing teams to develop customer needs, specify product requirements, and define associated marketing deliverables.
• Create business plan in collaboration with executive management to support product commercialization strategy. Ensure that the visualization product portfolio meets the needs of customers in target markets.
• Create marketing tools and collateral to support product launches.
• Stay current with healthcare market dynamics and relevant clinical data to confidently speak on these topics with key internal and external stakeholders, including C-Suite, physicians, administrators, supply chain, and all other relevant parties, including potential business development partnerships.
Accelerator Associate at WARF
WARF helps steward the cycle of research, discovery, commercialization and investment for the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Founded in 1925, WARF is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to investing in research and making a difference—for the researcher, the university, commercialization partners and the world. WARF’s mission is to promote, encourage and aid scientific research by patenting and licensing university inventions, playing an active role in UW–Madison spinoff companies, and managing an endowment to support the cycle of research, discovery, commercialization and investment. WARF also manages the Town Center within the Discovery Building, which provides platforms for hands-on activities that link scientific research and the general public, offering a window on the real-time process of discovery. For additional information, please visit: http://www.warf.org
Excited by cutting-edge technology? Interested in supporting research through the cycle of innovation and bringing technologies to market? Join the WARF team as the Accelerator Associate!
The Accelerator Associate manages the day-to-day operation of the WARF Accelerator, which includes leading the project proposal and funding review process, assisting in the formulation and execution of business strategy for each project, supporting business development activities, and overseeing the efficient operation of the program. In addition, the Accelerator Associate will be responsible for building strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including the WARF IP and Licensing team, UW inventors, and our network of subject matter experts. In advancing the commercialization prospects for Accelerator assets, this position will collaborate with a wide range of internal and external business, legal, and technical stakeholders, including UW-Madison researchers/inventors, prospective investors and commercialization partners, UW-Madison administrators, WARF Board of Trustees members, and other WARF personnel in the IP & Licensing, Legal, Venture, and Investments functional areas.
The WARF Accelerator, part of the WARF Venture Office, provides campus inventors with business-related support and targeted funding to advance commercially promising technologies closer to the marketplace. Accelerator invests in commercially relevant milestones (i.e., proofs-of-concept, market studies, prototypes, field trials, product demonstrations) that validate market potential, demonstrate commercial value, or de-risk technology to attract industry partners or investors.
Innovative Ventures Associate, WiSys
WiSys helps researchers and innovators from the statewide 11 four-year comprehensive campuses identify innovative technologies and bring them to the marketplace. To achieve this, last year alone WiSys awarded over $600,000 in grant funds across the UW system. This led to 64 innovations disclosed to WiSys and 12 patents issued. WiSys also coordinates several annual events geared toward innovation, research, and enhancing the student experience. WiSys VentureHome program is a network of startup hubs that combine statewide resources with community initiatives to provide local entrepreneurs access to a full menu of startup resources in their community. Please visit www.wisys.org and www.venturehome.org to learn more.
We are seeking an individual who is passionate about supporting entrepreneurs and helping build vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystems to help us expand our impact across the state of Wisconsin!
The Innovative Ventures Associate will work with the community and University partners of the WiSys VentureHome program to support local entrepreneurs by providing a concierge service to local and statewide resources. This is a dynamic position that will connect with stakeholders across the state of Wisconsin, and solicit mentors and investors to support the entrepreneurs in the program. They will support the local WiSys VentureHomes, by planning the logistics and assisting in refining the curriculum of the program, including the Level Up! accelerator. Regular travel across Wisconsin to visit the various locations as well as time in Madison is required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provides concierge service to Wisconsin entrepreneurs to connect them to statewide resources, mentors, investors, and UW technologies.
- Provides coaching and mentoring to entrepreneurs assisting with business plans, revenue models, and planning for investor pitches.
- Manages the WiSys VentureHome program and develops programming and events focused on needs of developing entrepreneurs.
- Plans the logistics and assist in refining the curriculum of the program, including the Level Up! accelerator.
- Liaisons between WiSys staff, UW campuses, entrepreneurs, venture community and other stakeholders necessary to achieve success.
Cloud Solutions Architect at PDS
The Cloud Solutions Architect is responsible for developing a rigorous technology architecture, leveraging cloud services and automation to enable business strategies and ensure public and private cloud solutions are optimized for cost and functionality. This person will also be responsible for pre-sales and implementation of new emerging cloud technologies, public cloud services, private cloud services, cloud application design, cloud management and monitoring strategies. This person will work with both Enterprise Solutions and Managed Services teams and other stakeholders to drive and enable the migration and refactoring of on-premises applications to cloud native design and deployment methodologies.
- This person will mentor and work with all technical team members on cloud architectures including modern programming languages, microservices and container-based deployments. An energetic, dynamic, and innovative mindset, with drive, attention to detail and excellent communication skills will be needed for success in this position. This individual must be able to translate complex ideas, technology, and programs into language senior management can relate to and be a key influencer on technical decisions that affect the business on a long-term basis.
- Manage the cloud strategy, develop the architecture governance framework, and define architecture foundations
- Stay abreast of new industry trends and provide subject matter expertise in cloud technologies, providing consultation to leadership
- Research, analyze, design, propose and support the delivery of solutions that are appropriate for business and technology strategies
- Understand, advocate and support IT enterprise strategies and act as a visionary to proactively assist in the direction for future strategies
- Recommend best-fit cloud solutions based on need and risk appetite
- Lead and facilitate the creation of governing principles to guide infrastructure decision-making
Analyst/Associate - Venture Investors Health Fund
Venture Investors Health Fund’s mission is to catalyze Midwestern innovations that profoundly impact human health. Based in the Midwest with open access to renowned research universities, and the vibrant communities that surround them, we target, uncover, and invest in extraordinary ideas that will shape the future of health and wellness. With decades of proven success, we’re fueling the future of what’s driving healthcare. Today, we have $275 million in assets under management.
Check us out at https://ventureinvestors.com/
Venture Investors is seeking an Associate/Senior Analyst to work out of our Madison/Ann Arbor offices. The team is looking for someone to take an important and wide-ranging role in the fund. This exciting and varied position is a great fit for the right self-motivated leader and provides an opportunity to step into an Associate role based on education and work experience and later to a principal and potentially partner roles in the future based on performance. The Associate/Senior Analyst works closely with all members of the investment team and are actively involved in the day-to-day efforts of the firm, including:
- Deal Flow / Pipeline – Managing all aspects of the process and database development
- Market Research – Tracking healthcare market growth and trends, helping identify investment opportunities in existing and new markets, networking and attending industry conferences
- Source and Assess New Investments – Researching companies aligned with firm’s strategy for potential investment, assisting in in company due diligence, writing investment memorandums, and making recommendations to partnership on investments
- Portfolio Support – Helping portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis and on occasion attending board meetings
- Ecosystem Building – Continue to develop Venture Investors’ regional network, deal flow, fund relationships, and entrepreneurial communities in our core Wisconsin and Michigan markets. In addition, help to expand market coverage in Chicago, Minneapolis, and other Midwestern healthcare start-up communities, and build strong regional and national venture analyst relationships with other funds
- Back Office / Operations Support – Assist in fund operations, reporting, and valuation analysis
Research Engineer – Power and Control, Rockwell Automation
Advanced Technology is the corporate-level research lab tasked with a) identifying, b) assessing, c) developing, and d) transitioning advanced industrial automation and information technologies to support and influence future strategic business objectives.
Technical member of an applied R&D laboratory who works on multidisciplinary engineering problems related to factory automation. This position requires a wide range of expertise in electrical, mechanical, and system engineering. The individual must be able to communicate results through presentations and publications. Successful candidate would work alone or on a team and may supervise technicians or interns.
Undergraduate Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics with 5 years relevant experience OR Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics
Demonstrated expertise in at least one of the following areas:
Power electronics and power conversion equipment
Motor drive systems
Motion control systems
Knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and electromechanical systems.
Understanding of power electronics, energy conversion, and control systems.
Experience in using multi-physics simulation, modeling, and analysis tools.
Hands-on experience working safely in a laboratory with high voltage and current.
Excellent analysis and troubleshooting skills and an aptitude for solving complex problems
Experience with modeling utilizing MATLAB and Simulink.
Strong verbal and written communications skills in English.
Advanced Degree; Master’s or PhD in Electrical Engineering or Applied Physics
Experience in power electronics design, prototyping, and testing.
Experience with modeling power electronic systems using tools such as dSpace, HIL, Simplorer, Spice, and/or FEA.
Expertise with industrial automation environments including PLC programming; Preference for experience with Rockwell Automation equipment and software.
Proficiency with programming languages such as C/C++, Python, Java and code management via git.
Strong interpersonal collaboration skills.
Experience as a Principal Investigator (PI).
Experience composing reports in LaTeX.
City Planner & Zoning Administrator, City of Fitchburg
The City of Fitchburg seeks a collaborative, customer-focused and visionary leader to plan, organize, and manage the planning, land use, community development and historic preservation functions of the city. The incumbent will initiate, create and implement plans, programs and ordinances to facilitate and meet the objectives and mission of the community as established through the Common Council, Plan Commission, and other committees and commissions of the city. The City of Fitchburg is extremely diverse. The ideal candidate will foster an environment that promotes and celebrates diversity, equity and inclusion!
Tentative Recruitment Timeline and Process
The process will contain a professional panel interview and presentation to a small community panel of a planning project/initiative you managed. The presentation will be ten (10) minutes with the first five (5) minutes introducing yourself and why you’re interested in the position and closing with five (5) minutes of questions from the panel.
- Application closing date: November 14, 2021
- Professional Panel Interview and presentation: Tentatively set for the last week of November or first week of December
- Anticipated start date: January 2022
Banker, Vice President / Executive Director - Milwaukee, WI at J.P. Morgan Private Bank
JPMorgan Chase & Co., one of the oldest financial institutions, offers innovative financial solutions to millions of consumers, small businesses and many of the world’s most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under the J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Our history spans over 200 years and today we are a leader in investment banking, consumer and small business banking, commercial banking, financial transaction processing and asset management.
The Banker is the face of J.P. Morgan’s Private Bank and leads new client acquisition and retention through a broad knowledge of investments, banking, trust services and financial planning. This role is primarily responsible for the client experience and engaging our resources to deliver a complete wealth management solution.
- Sell and implement investment, banking and trust/estate products to core clients
- Leverage and coordinate specialists (Investor, Capital Advisor, Trust and Estate Advisor and Wealth Advisor) to provide interdisciplinary expertise for our most complex clients
- Manage each account to ensure that the client has a completed profile, is introduced to the appropriate product specialists and that accounts are properly maintained and serviced
- Build trust with clients and effectively manage relationships
- Ensure that the proposed products and services maximize the clients’ needs, goals and objectives
- Provide guidance to junior staff
Sr Manager, Communications for Usona Institute, Promega
JOB OBJECTIVE: To provide high quality communications that support and connect with Usona Institute’s audiences and its many relationships. The Communications Manager is continually learning to keep pace with constant developments in the field and then reflects that learning in the evolving Usona communications. This role ensures a communications experience and messaging approach that is clear, relevant, consistent and conveys the essence of Usona.
We are is seeking an experienced, mission-minded communications professional interested in working in the rapidly evolving field of psychedelic research. Usona Institute, a medical research organization founded in 2014, continues to expand its impact and global reach via programs in medicinal chemistry, clinical research, education, and training.
The successful candidate will have experience in:
• Content development across media platforms
• Media relations – local to global
• Identity management
• Socially dynamic information
Ideally will also have experience in journalism and/or communications within a life science, non-profit or clinical research organization.
Director, Entrepreneurship Access and Inclusion at WEDC
The Director is responsible for developing and implementing entrepreneurship partnerships and investments that support startup activity and access to resources for underserved and underrepresented populations, communities, and regions. This position represents the WEDC in the alignment of organizations, resources, and activities to deliver results in support of startup activity, jobs, and leveraged capital in diverse, underserved, and underrepresented communities on a statewide basis. The Director is responsible for communicating and coordinating marketing activities related to E&I programs as well as policy development. This position is a key member of the E&I team and is an active participant in program-related work groups and WEDC committees. This position will act as a primary liaison between the E&I team and those working to support the expansion of entrepreneurship activity and resources in communities otherwise lacking therein.
Customer Success Manager at AirDeck
AirDeck is changing the way the world shares presentations and documents. Our platform enables our clients to quickly and easily personalize and customize presentations and documents with voice narration, video, and interactivity to share information more effectively and significantly increase engagement. Then AirDecks can be shared via email or link for anyone to view these narrated documents and presentations on-demand, which is how we all consume information today. AirDeck helps our clients win more deals, educate their clients more effectively, retain a higher percentage of their clients, increase brand awareness. Customers onboard and train their staff more effectively, create on-demand webinars and countless other use cases. Clients can track the effectiveness of their AirDecks in real-time through our native analytics and reporting. AirDeck is simple enough for anyone to use without training, yet practical enough that leading global companies implement it to improve their results. There’s nothing quite like AirDeck out there. Go ahead, Google it.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is a high impact role that will be a key member of the AirDeck organization. This person will lead engagements with AirDeck’s key clients. The CSM will be involved in further developing AirDeck’s account management strategy, including onboarding, expansion, new-feature roll-outs, and renewal processes for AirDeck’s enterprise clients. This is a hybrid role that is a combination of customer success, growth / expansion sales, and retention / renewals.
The ideal candidate is an ambitious, energetic, resourceful, self-motivated person with high social intelligence and a natural inclination to win. They are very driven, resourceful, and creative problem-solver, that can show evidence that they thrive in a fast-paced, rewarding, and merit-based environment. Must be adept at identifying strategic performance improvement opportunities within prospect business processes across a variety of AirDeck target prospect verticals and contact persona’s, be able to effectively map AirDeck’s value proposition / functionality to those improvement opportunities, pinpoint prospect outcomes & KPI success metrics, prescribe AirDeck utilization adoption actions and timeline, and gain commitment from prospect user teams.
Executive Director at Wisconsin Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters
The Executive Director will provide visionary leadership and comprehensive oversight for the Wisconsin Academy, including strategic planning, board governance, financial stability, programming, and staff management. The Wisconsin Academy’s Board of Directors seeks a strongly collaborative leader who will embrace the values of the organization while working collectively to set a future vision for the Wisconsin Academy that will inspire and guide the Board and staff. The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors through the Board President. Responsibilities include the following:
- Direct the activities and growth of the Wisconsin Academy and work with staff and board members to build upon the vision, mission and strategic plan that guide programs and development.
- Lead strategic and program planning for the organization.
- Foster creativity and cooperation among staff members; supervise and evaluate staff and provide overall operational direction for programs.
- Engage the Board of Directors in governance and fundraising activities. Cultivate board leadership and recruit new members, while at the same time broadening the Academy’s general membership and sponsorships and deepening their engagement.
- Direct the activities and growth of the Wisconsin Academy and work with staff and board members to build upon the vision, mission and strategic plan that guide programs and development.
- Supervise program and senior development and financial management staff (currently 6 direct reports).
- Ensure compliance with labor laws, hiring practices.
- Contract authority for all Academy contracts with vendors, insurance providers, partnerships, and professional services/consultants.
- Facilities management oversight: (ensure code and safety compliance, authorize maintenance and capital improvements working with the Building Manager and Outreach Coordinator).
- Work with the Academy and Foundation Board Presidents to plan quarterly board meetings, committee strategies, meeting design.