Thirteen finalists have been selected from among 200 entries in the 16th annual Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest.
The tech startups will pitch their companies to a panel of judges at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference next week in Milwaukee. They are:
- Madison-based Auto-Scope, John Guequierre. The company would pair artificial intelligence with a digital otoscope to help diagnose middle ear infections.
- Madison-based Blexx Technology LLC, Erin Tenderholdt. Created a device that would quickly sanitize and disintegrate hypodermic needles.
- Monona-based DarkAero Inc., River Karls. An aircraft kit manufacturer focused on speed, range and efficiency.
- Kronenwetter-based ERbin, Michelle Goetsch. The digital recycling education platform aims to make the process easier for consumers.
- Madison-based GrowthChart Records Inc., Patricia Wooldridge. Developed technology to allow child care centers to record voice documentation.
- River Falls-based Impact Sports LLC, Joshua Cleveland. The company has created a prototype of a more flexible football helmet based on an infant’s head.
- Shorewood-based SafeLi LLC, Carol Hirschmugl. Has secured a patent to produce graphene-based materials that would disrupt the lithium-ion battery market.
View the full list here.