More than four decades ago, Hans Sollinger lost one of his closest relatives to diabetes, an experience that strengthened his resolve to find a more effective treatment for the disease. Diabetes is the leading cause of blindness and amputation in the United States, and 1 million patients could potentially qualify for pancreatic and kidney transplants because of the disease. About 1,000 patients end up receiving transplants each year. Read full Journal Sentinel article here.
- Know a young person with a business idea? Deadline April 14 for ‘Wisconsin YES!’ contestApril 9, 2021
- Midwest Startups: Three new Midwest unicorns to celebrate!April 8, 2021
- Marquette, WARF announce 2021 ‘Force for Positive Change’ winnersApril 8, 2021
- WisBusiness: Altruize excited to increase volunteerism in 2021 and beyondApril 8, 2021
- Madison.com: Fetch Rewards snags unicorn status after $210M investment roundApril 8, 2021