Three out-of-state financial companies spent more than 650 hours and poured more than $150,000 into lobbying for a widely criticized venture capital bill that Wisconsin lawmakers tabled earlier this year but are likely to re-examine in the fall. The three firms, known as CAPCOs, now find themselves fighting to retain some role in Wisconsin’s venture capital plan. Read full Journal Sentinel story here.
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Wisconsin startups raised a record $436M from VCs so far this yearOctober 15, 2021
- Madison Startups: Imbed Biosciences Awarded $800K GrantOctober 15, 2021
- Guest column: Growing tech talent in Wisconsin requires investment in current workforceOctober 14, 2021
- InsideWis: Kenosha Innovation Neighborhood aims to become regional hubOctober 14, 2021
- TechCrunch: Bird nabs $150 million in vehicle financing from Apollo Investment Corp.October 14, 2021