MADISON, WI, April 8, 2021 – CODAworx, the hub of the commissioned art economy, has announced a field of 18 jurors selected from an international cross-section of the design and art worlds to review and select the winners of the 9th annual CODAawards. The CODAawards celebrate projects that demonstrate the most successful integration of commissioned art into interior, architectural, or public spaces.
Partnering with Interior Design magazine and The Architect’s Foundation on the global awards program, CODAworx is committed to gaining recognition for outstanding projects that highlight collaborations between artists, design professionals, and other members of the project team. Last year’s awards drew 465 submissions from 25 countries, representing $89 million in artwork commission budgets.
The 2021 jurors are luminaries in the fields of art, architecture, media, and design, including:
- Cindy Allen, Editor in Chief, Interior Design magazine (Brooklyn)
- Malene Barnett, Founder, Black Artist & Designer Guild (New York)
- Simon Beer, Principal, OJB Landscape Architecture (Boston)
- Kim Boganey, Director, Scottsdale Public Art (Scottsdale)
- Thierry Boisel, Glass Artist (Munich)
- Gareth Brennan, CEO, Eventscape (Toronto)
- Frances Bronet, President, Pratt Institute (Brooklyn)
- James Carpenter, Founder, James Carpenter Design Associates (New York)
- Jean Cooney, Director, Times Square Alliance (New York)
- Mary Douglas Drysdale, Founder, Drysdale Design Associates (Washington, DC)
- Hansoo Kim, Principal, Gensler (Washington, DC)
- Chad Oppenheim, Architect, Oppenheim Architecture (Miami)
- Annette Ridenour, President, Aesthetics (San Diego)
- Ilene Shaw, Founding Producer, Design Pavilion (New York)
- Paula Stoeke, Director and Curator, Seward Johnson Atelier (Santa Monica)
- Daniel Tobin, Founder, UAP (Brisbane)
- Gary Wheeler, CEO, ASID (Washington, DC)
- Jieun Yang, Principal, Habitat Workshop (Brooklyn)
Learn more about the jury here.
The CODAawards are open to all involved in the process of creating spaces: artists, designers, architects, public art administrators, art consultants, and industry resources. Download press release.
Entries are open until May 31, 2021; visit CODAworx.com/awards
About CODAworx. CODAworx is the hub of the commissioned art economy. We connect all members of the industry, matching creative talent with creative opportunities, and providing digital tools that streamline the commission workflow process. CODAworx.com