Cortex: The D.C. building analytics company said May 12 that it closed a $6 million Series A round led by Madison, Wisconsin-based venture capital firm 4490 Ventures. The funding — which brings Cortex’s total lifetime funding to $11 million — positions the software startup to both build new products and expand its product management and sales and marketing teams, the company said in its announcement. The business, led by founder and CEO Bryan Bennett, blends its data analytics with equipment operations, room temperatures, meter readings, occupancy levels, weather forecasts and other metrics to help make buildings more sustainable and reduce carbon emissions.
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Q&A with PenFed Foundation and Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of CommerceJune 21, 2021
- Fore! Central Wisconsin’s Lake Arrowhead site for Tech Council golf tourney in AugustJune 21, 2021
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Wisconsin lawmakers omit $100M venture fund from latest budget. Other paths forward remain.June 18, 2021
- Need for ‘fund of funds’ in Wisconsin remains in wake of state budget committee’s decisionJune 18, 2021
- Spectrum News: Wisconsin non-profit promotes STEM, by teaching kids to build robotsJune 18, 2021