Returning military veterans and students may register at a discount to attend the 21st annual conference, to be held at the Italian Community Center on May 31 and June 1.
The May 31-June 1 conference at the Italian Community Center returns to the “Cream City” to celebrate the region’s rise as a startup and scale-up hub within the Midwest. Registration is open at witrepsconference.com or linked here.
Armed services veterans who want to learn about launching and growing a business as well as students of all levels may register for the conference.
Veterans may attend the full conference for $79. That rate compares to the full conference fee of $269 and is made possible by the Wisconsin Technology Council’s support for the work of the state Department of Veterans Affairs and the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. A rate of $69 is available to students.
“Post 9-11 veterans can bring a host of skills to business, from technical expertise to teamwork to a personal work ethic,” said Tom Still, president of the Tech Council, which produces the conference. “This conference can offer tips on how to launch, grow and succeed in business, while featuring chances to network with some of Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs and investors.”
“Crossroads of innovation” is the theme of the 21st annual conference, where entrepreneurs from around the state will showcase their ideas, services and technologies. Seven panel tracks formed under three unique stages of “launch,” “grow” and “succeed” will appeal to entrepreneurs in all stages. Detailed panel information is posted at witrepsconference.com.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference is among the largest and affordable events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. Other highlights will include:
- “Diligent (Baker’s) Dozen: Top 13 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off on the afternoon of May 31
- Charles Ross, Milwaukee native and chief executive officer of International Business Innovation Accelerator, to keynote morning of June 1
- Plenary panel including angels and venture capitalists on how to pitch to investors when the industry is puckering up, mid-morning June 1
- Deb Carey, co-founder of New Glarus Brewing Co. to accept 2023 ‘Seize the Day’ award over lunch on June 1
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest “Diligent (Baker’s) Dozen” awards announcements June 1
- Six Launch, Grow and Succeed tracks throughout June 1
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from Wisconsin companies
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments, including a May 31 reception at the Italian Community Center
Sponsors thus far are: Aberdean Consulting, Affiliated Engineers, Alliant Energy, Amazon, American Family Insurance, Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals, AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Business Fitness, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, CLA (CliftonLarsonAllen), DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, Foley & Lardner, Godfrey & Kahn, HealthX Ventures, Husch Blackwell, Insperity, J.P. Morgan, Lost Boys Interactive, Madison College, Madison Development Corp., Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ HEY! Communications, MalamaDoe, Marquette University, Microsoft, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Ruder Ware, Sadoff E-Recycling & Data Destruction, Technology Entrepreneurship Office at UW-Madison, Technology Innovation Center – Milwaukee, UMOS One Workforce – TechStars, University Research Park, U.S. Bank, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison Innovate Network, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UW-Madison Office of University Relations, Venture Investors, Versiti, WE Energies, Whitewater University Innovation Center/Fiscal Economical Research Center, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., Wisconsin Dept. of Financial Institutions, Wisconsin Technical College System, WiSys and Yahara Software.
To become a sponsor, contact Angela Schlobohm at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, visit witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.