Returning military veterans and students may register at a discount to attend the 20th annual conference, to be held at the Italian Community Center on June 1-2.
The conference returns in-person to the Cream City to celebrate the region’s rise as a startup and scale-up hub. Registration is open at witrepsconference.com.
Armed services veterans who want to learn about launching and growing a business as well as students of all levels may register for the conference.
Veterans may attend the full conference for $60. That rate compares to the full conference fee of $239 and is made possible by the Wisconsin Technology Council’s support for the work of the state Department of Veterans Affairs and the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. An identical student rate is available.
“Post 9-11 veterans can bring a host of skills to business, from technical expertise to teamwork to a personal work ethic,” said Tom Still, president of the Tech Council, which produces the conference. “This conference can offer tips on how to launch, grow and succeed in business, while featuring chances to network with some of Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs and investors.”
Visit witrepsconference.com and click “Register Now,” then choose “Returning Veterans” or “Student” under the registration drop-downs.
“Putting early stage pieces together” is the theme of the conference, where entrepreneurs from around the state will showcase their innovations, services and technologies.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference is among the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. Other highlights will include:
- Diligent (Baker’s) Dozen: Top 13 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off on the afternoon of June 1st
- Greg Piefer, CEO of SHINE Technologies, keynote presentation on the morning of June 2nd, sponsored by Wisconsin Investment Partners
- The 19th Ken Hendricks Memorial Seize the Day award luncheon honoring Cory Nettles, Generation Growth Capital, on the afternoon of June 2nd
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony on June 2nd
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from Wisconsin companies
- Nine panel discussions on June 2 under the themes Launch, Grow and Succeed
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments, including a June 1st reception.
Sponsors so far are: Aberdean Consulting, Affiliated Engineers, American Family Insurance, AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, Godfrey & Kahn, Greater Green Bay Chamber, Health Tradition, HealthX Ventures, Husch Blackwell, J.P. Morgan, Madison College, Madison Development Corp., Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ HEY!, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Medical College of Wisconsin, Michael Best, Mobile22, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, PDS, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Ruder Ware, Uber, UMOS One Workforce -TechStars, University Research Park, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison Innovate Network, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UW-Madison Office of University Relations, Venture Investors, Versiti, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., Wisconsin Dept. of Financial Institutions, Wisconsin Technical College System and Zendesk.