The deadline is fast approaching for emerging companies to apply to meet with a mix of 20 major firms in “speed dates” at the sixth annual Tech Summit at Lambeau Field in Green Bay. Applications are due Wednesday, Feb. 20, by midnight and can be downloaded here.
Over 200 “speed date” strategic meetings between major companies and emerging firms are expected during the Tech Summit. The meetings foster possible connections between major firms and selected emerging companies.
Major firms are looking to hear from emerging companies with innovative products or services tied to areas such as “big data,” connected devices and data analytics in sectors ranging from health care to information systems, and from power electronics to plastics and advanced manufacturing.
Participating major firms are Accuray, Associated Bank, AT&T, Advocate Aurora Health, Aurora Research Institute, CGI, Dedicated Computing, Exact Sciences, GE Healthcare, Johnson Controls, Marshfield Clinic Health Systems, Microsoft, Northwestern Mutual, Promega, Rockwell Automation, Schneider, UW Health, Versiti, WEA Trust and WIPFLi. Summit objectives for the major firms are summarized at wistechsummit.com.
Additional conference highlights include:
- A series of “Office Hours” will run throughout the day to address topics of interest to emerging companies and entrepreneurs in Wisconsin. For exact session times, click here or visit com for the full agenda;
- Two Lambeau Field tour sessions before the reception through the players tunnel and on to the apron of the playing field, sponsored by Findorff;
- An event overview and opening discussion to help set the stage for emerging companies by allowing major firms an opportunity to talk generally about their goals, needs and emerging markets;
- Reverse pitch presentation after lunch with UW Health, Froedtert, Marshfield Clinic Health System and Advocate Aurora Health;
- We’ll feed you: A continental breakfast, networking lunch and onsite reception.
Sponsors thus far include American Family Insurance, American Transmission Company, Axis Communications, Baird Capital, BDO, BloodCenter of Wisconsin/Versiti, Burish Group at UBS Financial Services, Camera Corner Connecting Point, CGI, Concordia University, Cupertino Electric, Dedicated Computing, Enbridge, Findorff, Flad Architects, Foxconn, GE Healthcare, goVirtualOffice, Greater Green Bay Chamber, Green Bay Packers, Herzing University, IBM, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Northwestern Mutual, Novo Group, OneNeck IT Solutions, Rockwell Automation, RSM US, ScaleFactor, UW-Green Bay, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UWM Research Foundation, von Briesen & Roper, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.,WIPFLi and Zendesk.
Visit wistechsummit.com for more information on the event, the application process, registration and sponsorship opportunities.