MADISON, Wis. – From personnel to Paycheck Protection, and from marketing to better managing your money, the June 4 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference will use a virtual SaaS platform to engage attendees in five concurrent conversations on topics of interest.
These concurrent “birds of a feather” sessions will create guided conversations that follow the general theme of the conference, which is “Crossing the coronavirus chasm: Surviving and prospering during a ‘new normal’ for young companies.”
Registration is now open! Click here.
The five “birds of a feather” workshops, sponsored by Northwestern Mutual, are scheduled from 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. and feature business professionals who are helping others survive and thrive during the coronavirus pandemic. Each room will allow up to 30 participants for a chance at collaborative guided conversation and questions. Don’t worry about missing a conversation: All sessions will be recorded, so you can watch the ones you missed later! The workshop hosts include:
- Furloughs, layoffs and rehiring, oh my! Tips on how to handle personnel issues
- hosted by Jeff Sachse, UW-Oshkosh
- I got my SBA loan, what next? Legal perspectives
- hosted by Joe Camilli, Neider & Boucher
- If you think you’re worried, imagine how investors feel!
- hosted by Zach Brandon, Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce
- Leading your business through recovery: Financial do’s and don’ts
- hosted by Ron Bote, WIPFLi
- Marketing and social media: More important than ever?
- hosted by Jenny Weeden, Accelity Marketing and Steve Holzhauer, EUA
Produced by the Tech Council, the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. Other highlights will include:
- Keynote by UW-Madison graduate Brian Pinkerton, chief architect of Siri, Apple.
- Six panel presentation by industry-leading experts, successful entrepreneurs and seasoned investors
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will have presentations available to watch online in the week preceding June 4th.
- Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” 2020 award winner to be announced!
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony with category winners, a grand prize winner, a “Bright New Idea” award and a new “People’s Choice” award this year
- Virtual interactive exhibitor booths from more than 40 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with 1:1 virtual private meeting times
Sponsors thus far include: PLATINUM: American Transmission Co., AT&T, Godfrey & Kahn, Husch Blackwell, Michael Best, Northwestern Mutual, University Research Park, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. GOLD: Aberdean Consulting SILVER: Affiliated Engineers, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Boardman & Clark, Burish Group at UBS Financial Services, CD Smith Construction, Center for Technology Commercialization, CGI, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Discovery World, First Business Bank, Findorff, HealthX Ventures, J.P. Morgan Chase, Kimberly-Clark, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, Oshkosh Corp., Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Rockwell Automation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UW-Madison University Relations, UWM Research Foundation, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Technical College System, Yahara Software, Zerology and SPECIAL SUPPORT: Board member Susan Healy and Madison Development Corp.
To learn more, visit witrepsconference.com or call the Tech Council at 608-442-7557.