Click here to read a story from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on the debate in Georgia over a certified capital company (CAPCO) plan for financing state investments in early stage companies. The plan is under fire for being too expensive and a boon for the CAPCOs, criticism similar to what has been leveled in Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Growth Capital Coalition supports a non-CAPCO “fund of funds” plan.
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Half a billion dollars in VC funds to converge on Madison to hear state startups pitchSeptember 20, 2019
- InsideWis: Turning early stage rejection into ‘yes’ can depend on supply of cashSeptember 19, 2019
- Recovering from business loss is ex-NFL player’s topic Nov. 6 during Early Stage SymposiumSeptember 18, 2019
- Release: WARF investment fund signals new tack in effort to grow adoption of UW–Madison technologiesSeptember 17, 2019
- Investors will meet with emerging companies at 2019 Wisconsin Early Stage SymposiumSeptember 16, 2019