The always-upbeat entrepreneur Toni Sikes was even more buoyant than usual when I caught up with her driving back to Madison from a Minneapolis board meeting. The cause of her good cheer wasn’t just that her latest startup, the Art Commission, has raised $950,000 in venture capital; it was that the business model had already morphed into something bigger. Read the full story in the Isthmus.
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Half a billion dollars in VC funds to converge on Madison to hear state startups pitchSeptember 20, 2019
- InsideWis: Turning early stage rejection into ‘yes’ can depend on supply of cashSeptember 19, 2019
- Recovering from business loss is ex-NFL player’s topic Nov. 6 during Early Stage SymposiumSeptember 18, 2019
- Release: WARF investment fund signals new tack in effort to grow adoption of UW–Madison technologiesSeptember 17, 2019
- Investors will meet with emerging companies at 2019 Wisconsin Early Stage SymposiumSeptember 16, 2019