Scammers who claim to be from Microsoft or Windows tech support continue to call Wisconsin consumers, saying the consumer has a virus on their computer. The caller offers to “fix” the alleged problem in an attempt to gain remote access to the computer. Several consumers have fallen for the scam and lost hundreds of dollars, according to the Better Business Bureau Serving Wisconsin. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- WisBiz: The Show’ features two computer scientists, Tech Metrics and Tom Still commentaryFebruary 21, 2020
- InsideWis: With partnerships and academic resources, some communities finding new prosperityFebruary 20, 2020
- WEAU News: Tech Council Innovation Networks announces collaboration between Mayo and UW- Eau ClaireFebruary 19, 2020
- Tech Summit application deadline extended!February 14, 2020
- WisBusiness: Proposed Medicaid rule change criticized by hospitals, state officialsFebruary 12, 2020