Scammers who claim to be from Microsoft or Windows tech support continue to call Wisconsin consumers, saying the consumer has a virus on their computer. The caller offers to “fix” the alleged problem in an attempt to gain remote access to the computer. Several consumers have fallen for the scam and lost hundreds of dollars, according to the Better Business Bureau Serving Wisconsin. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- Law Clinic’s co-founder Anne Smith to accept ‘Triple E’ award Nov. 6 at Early Stage eventOctober 11, 2019
- InsideWis: Injecting a dose of urgency: Clinical trials at UW Health get fresh approachOctober 10, 2019
- WisBiz: The Show’ covers Tech Metrics, Tom Still commentary; interview with John ZeratskyOctober 9, 2019
- Crop of company applicants for Early Stage includes 87 young firms from all sectorsOctober 8, 2019
- Guest column: The hockey stick revenue model – easy to dismiss, essential to successOctober 7, 2019