Scammers who claim to be from Microsoft or Windows tech support continue to call Wisconsin consumers, saying the consumer has a virus on their computer. The caller offers to “fix” the alleged problem in an attempt to gain remote access to the computer. Several consumers have fallen for the scam and lost hundreds of dollars, according to the Better Business Bureau Serving Wisconsin. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- WiSys: Tech Council Tom Still joins boardDecember 1, 2020
- ‘WisBiz: The Show’ features Christopher Johnson of Mappix, Tech Metrics and upcoming eventsNovember 30, 2020
- InsideWis: A Thanksgiving week appeal to the great techie in The CloudNovember 24, 2020
- It’s a wrap: 2020 Early Stage Symposium!November 19, 2020
- InsideWis: Cybersecurity worries mount for businesses, health care during transitionNovember 19, 2020