Reed Hall, who’s been serving as interim chief executive officer of Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., was named by Gov. Scott Walker as the agency’s new CEO. Along with taking steps to correct the agency’s problems, Hall said he’ll be working with other state agencies as well as local and regional economic development groups to nurture Wisconsin’s businesses, encourage new start-up firms and recruit other companies – particularly from Illinois. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- InsideWis: Brookings Institution report seeks to build on what’s working, versus fixing what’s notDecember 12, 2019
- CompTIA: USMCA Sets New Precedent for Modern Trade RulesDecember 11, 2019
- CapTimes: Wisconsin dairy, business interests weigh in on new North American trade agreementDecember 11, 2019
- Guest column: Unwrapping a holiday opportunity: R&D tax credits for software, tech companiesDecember 9, 2019
- Milwaukee Business Journal: Three Wisconsin venture capital funds that startups, and investors, should knowDecember 6, 2019