The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority is seeking proposals to form and manage a $3 million venture capital fund that would focus on making investments in Milwaukee. The agency, known as WHEDA, wants the fund to have a special focus on the Transform Milwaukeearea. Transform Milwaukee is a public/private partnership led by WHEDA that is trying to restore economic prosperity to the 30th Street industrial corridor, Menomonee Valley, Port of Milwaukee and an area called the Aerotropolis, which is located south of General Mitchell International Airport. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- WisBusiness: Wisconsin YES! alum Alex Hart-Upendo reflects on contestApril 12, 2021
- April 27: Dealing with China: A panel discussion on U.S.-China relations under a Biden administration, focusing on national security, economics, and higher educationApril 9, 2021
- Know a young person with a business idea? Deadline April 14 for ‘Wisconsin YES!’ contestApril 9, 2021
- Midwest Startups: Three new Midwest unicorns to celebrate!April 8, 2021
- Marquette, WARF announce 2021 ‘Force for Positive Change’ winnersApril 8, 2021