The Wisconsin Housing and Economic Development Authority is seeking proposals to form and manage a $3 million venture capital fund that would focus on making investments in Milwaukee. The agency, known as WHEDA, wants the fund to have a special focus on the Transform Milwaukeearea. Transform Milwaukee is a public/private partnership led by WHEDA that is trying to restore economic prosperity to the 30th Street industrial corridor, Menomonee Valley, Port of Milwaukee and an area called the Aerotropolis, which is located south of General Mitchell International Airport. Read the full Milwaukee Journal Sentinel story here.
- Fox11News: The business of papermaking: ‘Far from a dying industry’October 14, 2019
- Law Clinic’s co-founder Anne Smith to accept ‘Triple E’ award Nov. 6 at Early Stage eventOctober 11, 2019
- InsideWis: Injecting a dose of urgency: Clinical trials at UW Health get fresh approachOctober 10, 2019
- WisBiz: The Show’ covers Tech Metrics, Tom Still commentary; interview with John ZeratskyOctober 9, 2019
- Crop of company applicants for Early Stage includes 87 young firms from all sectorsOctober 8, 2019