People engaged in young companies can learn about hitting vital early-stage sales milestones as well as the basics of non-fungible tokens and cryptocurrency by attending the virtual June 3 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, where this year’s theme is “Building blocks for young companies.”
A bonus: all sessions will be recorded, so you can watch the ones you missed later for up to 90 days after the conference! The “Succeed” lineup includes:
1:15 p.m. Understanding NFTs and cryptocurrency: A primer
Non-fungible tokens and cryto-currency are part of the news daily, but what can those trends mean to entrepreneurs and young companies? The promise and pitfalls of both will be examined by our expert panelists.
1:15 p.m. Sales in the ‘new normal’: How do you get to your first $100k in sales?
Young companies often focus on raising investment dollars from friends, family and funds, but the goal at the end of the day is selling goods and services that drive company growth – and investor returns – over time. Hear from young companies that have made sales a priority.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference has been a signature event for entrepreneurs, investors and others in the early-stage sector since launched by the Tech Council in 2003. Detailed panel information will be posted soon at witrepsconference.com. Other highlights will include:
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will present live, via Zoom on June 2
- Keynote presentation from Wes Schroll of Fetch Rewards, sponsored by RSM
- Ken Hendricks ‘Seize the Day’ award presentation with 2021 honoree, Don Zietlow, Kwik Trip
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony with category winners, a grand prize winner, a “Bright New Idea” award and a new “People’s Choice” award this year
- Virtual interactive exhibitor booths from 30 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network 1:1 virtually, a variety of discussions under the “Launch, Grow, Succeed” theme and much more!
Sponsors thus far include: PLATINUM: American Transmission Co., AT&T, Godfrey & Kahn, Husch Blackwell, Michael Best, University Research Park, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. GOLD: Aberdean Consulting, Makin’ HEY! Communications. SILVER: Affiliated Engineers, American Family Insurance, Alliant Energy, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, HealthX Ventures, J.P. Morgan Chase, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Mobile22, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, PDS, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Shive-Hattery, Uber; UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Technical College System. SPECIAL SUPPORT: Madison Development Corp. and RSM.