People involved in all sizes and stages of companies can learn about how to attract tech talent and post-pandemic resources by attending the virtual June 3 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, where this year’s theme is “Building blocks for young companies.”
A bonus: all sessions will be recorded, so you can watch the ones you missed later for up to 90 days after the conference! The ‘launch’ lineup includes:
10 a.m. Tech talent wanted: Attracting and developing the skills to fuel your growth
Wisconsin’s support system for entrepreneurs and young companies offers a rich blend of people and organizations with the right tools and expertise. Learn about statewide and regional resources that can help young companies get started, even – or especially – in challenging times.
10 a.m. Getting back on the horse: Post-pandemic resources for entrepreneurs
Attracting, hiring and retaining the right people is essential for any organization, large or small, but the stakes can be larger when it’s a young company that cannot afford to make expensive personnel mistakes. Hear from companies that have devised their own strategies that are right for the stage and size.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference has been a signature event for entrepreneurs, investors and others in the early stage sector since launched by the Tech Council in 2003. Detailed panel information will be posted soon at witrepsconference.com. Other highlights will include:
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will present live, via Zoom on June 2
- Keynote presentation from Wes Schroll of Fetch Rewards, sponsored by RSM
- Ken Hendricks ‘Seize the Day’ award presentation with Don Zietlow, Kwik Trip
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony with category winners, a grand prize winner, a “Bright New Idea” award and a new “People’s Choice” award this year
- Virtual interactive exhibitor booths from 30 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network 1:1 virtually, a variety of discussions under the “Launch, Grow, Succeed” theme and much more!
Sponsors thus far include: PLATINUM: American Transmission Co., AT&T, Godfrey & Kahn, Husch Blackwell, Michael Best, University Research Park, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. GOLD: Aberdean Consulting, Makin’ HEY! Communications. SILVER: Affiliated Engineers, American Family Insurance, Alliant Energy, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, HealthX Ventures, J.P. Morgan Chase, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Mobile22, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, PDS, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Shive-Hattery, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Technical College System. SPECIAL SUPPORT: Madison Development Corp. and RSM.