Midwestern cities eclipsed many coastal competitors for top spots in America’s Best Cities For Young Professionals ranking. The list, compiled by Forbes, ranks Madison, Wis., third for young talent. Forbes touted Madison’s healthy job growth, low unemployment, large college-educated demographic and a cost of living that is at or below the national average. Madison topped regional neighbor, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minn., and the education and tech hubs of Austin, Texas and Boston, Mass. Four Fox Valley cities made Forbes “small cities” top 100 list. No West Coast cities made the cut. See the full list here.
- Want to compete for COVID innovation grants? Learn more Thursday during Tech Council webinarSeptember 29, 2020
- How to apply for state COVID innovation grants: Learn more at Oct. 1 Tech Council webinarSeptember 29, 2020
- ‘WisBiz: The Show’ Zerology’s Kalluri, Tech Metrics and upcoming eventsSeptember 28, 2020
- Calling all companies! Deadline extended to apply for three chances to pitch at the 2020 Early Stage SymposiumSeptember 24, 2020
- InsideWis: Newspapers in crisis: Why their economic future matters for our democracySeptember 24, 2020