Armed services veterans who want to learn about launching and growing a business may register at a major discount to attend the 15th annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, June 6-7 at Union South on the UW-Madison campus.
Veterans may attend the full conference, which includes two breakfasts, two lunches and an evening reception, for $60. That rate compares to the full conference fee of $249 and is made possible by the Wisconsin Technology Council’s partnership with Bunker Labs Wisconsin and the state Department of Veterans Affairs.
“Post 9-11 veterans can bring a host of skills to business, from technical expertise to teamwork to a personal work ethic,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council, which produces the conference. “This conference can offer tips on how to launch, grow and succeed in business, while featuring chances to network with some of Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs and investors.”
Visit www.WiTrepsConference.com to register and learn more. Veterans may register using the “Bunker Labs” category.
More than 500 people are expected to attend the two-day conference, to be held June 6-7 at its new location: Union South on the UW-Madison campus. Other highlights will include:
- Nationally known speakers Arvind Subramanian and Alan Webber (both June 7). Subramanian is a nationally known digital health executive; Webber is the founder of Fast Company.
- The 2017 Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” award, to be presented June 6 to Zach Halmstad of Jamf, an Eau Claire-based software company
- Diligent Dozen: Finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off June 6
- Panel discussions and educational seminars for emerging companies on how to “Launch, Grow and Succeed” will span both days
- Innovation Showcase featuring more than 45 companies from around the state
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments
Sponsors thus far are: Aberdean Consulting, Advanced Materials Industrial Consortium, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, BMO Harris Bank, Boardman & Clark, Bunker Labs – Wisconsin, Cardigan, Carroll University, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt Ross & Stevens, DXC Technology, Exact Sciences, Findorff, First Business Bank, Godfrey & Kahn, Google, HealthX Ventures, Husch Blackwell, Kinetic Compliance Solutions, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ HEY!, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Michael Best, Midwest Prototyping, Murphy Desmond, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Noble Applications, Quarles & Brady, Red Arrow Productions, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, River Valley Bank, Rockwell Automation, Summit Credit Union, Uber, University Research Park, UW-Green Bay, UW-Milwaukee Research Foundation, UW-Madison Discovery to Product (D2P), UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations, UW-Madison University Relations, Venture Investors, Veritas Technologies, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., WERCBench Labs, Whitewater University Technology Park, Wisconsin Health & Educational Facilities Authority, WIPFLI, Wisconsin Technical College System, WTN Media, and Yahara Software.
For more information, visit www.witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.