Tina Chang and Elmer Moore Jr., who have contributed to the growth of the Milwaukee region’s tech economy in different ways over time, are the co-chairs of the 2019 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference in Milwaukee.
The conference will be held June 4-5 at Venue 42 in Milwaukee Brewing Co., 1128 N. 9th St., near the Fiserv Forum.
Chang is chief executive officer of SysLogic, serving clients for more than 23 years in the areas of strategy and digital transformation, information management and business intelligence, cybersecurity and software development. Chang leveraged the company to spin off two technology startups, SysSpark and Cyberspect. She serves on the board of Weyco Group, as well as Alverno College, Ascension Healthcare, MMAC, Milwaukee Public Schools Foundation, Teach for America, Wisconsin Policy Forum, WCBA and the YMCA-Milwaukee.
Moore is executive director of Scale Up Milwaukee, an initiative of the Greater Milwaukee Committee, founder of Milwaukee Denim Co., and an entrepreneurship instructor at Marquette University. Through Scale Up and his own practice, Moore has advised founders, executives, startups and scaleups with revenues from zero dollars to $150 million on growth.
“Tina and Elmer are key members of the conference steering committee and will play an active role in the conference itself, moderating and taking part in panel discussions,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council. “They are familiar faces in the community and provide civic leadership well beyond their business roles.”
“Connecting the I-Q Corridor” is the 2019 theme for the event, where ‘treps from around the state and beyond will showcase their innovations, services and technologies. Full panel information is now available on the conference website: witrepsconference.com.
The Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. Other highlights will include:
- Day One keynote speaker Jeff Rusinow, a veteran super-angel investor who founded Silicon Pastures in 2000
- Day Two keynote speaker John Zeratsky, a tech designer and author of “Design Sprint”
- Live-stream of the two keynote speakers available for purchase, also accessible after the conference by attendees.
- A June 4 plenary discussion on diversity and inclusion.
- Twelve panel discussions in the “Launch,” “Grow” and “Succeed” tracks
- “Seize the Day” 2019 winner Sue Marks to be recognized June 4
- Diligent Dozen of #GovsBizPlan: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will square off on June 4 with the awards ceremony on June 5
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from more than 40 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments including a June 4 reception.
Sponsors so far are: Aberdean, Accelity Marketing, Affiliated Engineers, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Ben Brewer Photography, Biz Times Milwaukee, BMO Harris Bank, Boardman & Clark, C.D. Smith Construction, Carroll University, Center for Technology Commercialization, CGI, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, Foley & Lardner; Foxconn, Godfrey & Kahn, Greater Green Bay Chamber of Commerce, HealthX Ventures, Hendricks Holding Comp., Husch Blackwell, Madison College, Madison Development Corp., Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ HEY!, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Midwest Prototyping, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Murphy Desmond, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Northwestern Mutual, Old National Bank, OneNeck IT Solutions, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Rockwell Automation, ScaleFactor, Susan Healy, Technology Innovation Center – Milwaukee, Telsa, Uber, University Research Park, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UW-Madison University Relations, Venture Investors, Versiti, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., WHEFA, Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi and Wisconsin Technical College System.
To learn more, visit witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.