MADISON, Wis. – Hundreds of people are set to attend the 2020 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference on our virtual platform. Here are 10 reasons to join them Thursday for one of the Midwest’s premier events for entrepreneurs.
Register at affordable rates at WiTrepsConference.com. Why should you attend?
- It’s a novel online platform, even for today’s Zoom-o-sphere! The Tech Council has partnered with Pathable, which has powered thousands of events in more than 50 countries over time. We think you’ll enjoy the virtual experience.
- There is no need to miss anything during the conference. Every session will be recorded, so if you need to grab lunch, walk the dog or come back later – even a year later – those sessions will be there for you to review.
- It’s a chance for some targeted, one-on-one meetings. People who register for the conference can review the profiles of other attendees and invite them to take part in 15-minute sessions through June 4 or the following day.
- You’ll spend time with the brains behind Siri. OK, Apple’s Siri has her own artificial intelligence to rival any app, but keynote speaker Brian Pinkerton is the chief architect for Apple’s intelligent assistant. Pinkerton is a UW-Madison Department of Computer Sciences graduate who was recently featured in the Wisconsin State Journal.
- You’ll hear more about the remarkable rise and extraordinary people of Exact Sciences from Kevin Conroy, the 2020 recipient of the Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” award. It’s been the Tech Council’s “entrepreneur of the year” award since 2004; voting takes place each year among members of the conference steering committee.
- It’s your chance to get involved in the annual Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest. Recorded presentations by our “Diligent Dozen” finalists are available here. You can cast your vote for our “People’s Choice Award” and attend June 4 to learn who emerges on top in our poll as well as the official judging.
- Six panel discussions will provide information and advice built around the conference theme, “Crossing the coronavirus chasm.” Those panels are titled: “Things COVID-19 taught us, why they may be here to stay – and how ‘treps can capitalize”; “Negotiating ‘down’ rounds with investors: How entrepreneurs should prepare”; “Cybersecurity and COVID-19: How to make working from home safer”; “Securing first customers: How to make sales in a challenging time”; “What kinds of deals are getting funded (and what is not) in 2020”; and “On-shoring: COVID-19 is accelerating the trends technology created.”
- You will hear an expertly delivered presentation by the winner of our youth business plan contest, “Wisconsin YES!” We’ll announce the name of our winner soon.
- Discounts are available for military veterans and students. We are offering a $49 rate for returning U.S. military veterans who would like to learn more about starting and running a business. Students get the $49 rate, too.
- You’ll be a part of a unique networking event: While we’re all longing for the day when people can once again safely gather in large settings, the 2020 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference offers what we hope is the next-best-thing to being there live. Please join us!