Two investors who understand why, when and how major corporations choose to make venture capital investments will talk about their work on the morning of Tuesday, Nov. 10, during the Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium, to be held virtually this year.
Registration is now open at wisearlystage.com.
Wisconsin is home to a growing number of corporate venture capital funds in search of investments that can add to the parent firm’s bottom line while providing other strategic advantages. Learn about one of the latest entries on the scene, the Wisconn Valley Venture Fund (WVV) a partnership between Advocate Aurora Health, Foxconn, Johnson Controls International and Northwestern Mutual.
Speakers are Jason Franklin of WVV and Craig Schedler of Northwestern Mutual Future Ventures and Cream City Venture Capital.
This is one of five conference features that highlight the role of corporate and venture capitalists in Wisconsin’s emerging company scene:
- 20 companies selected by conference organizers to give recorded, five-minute pitches throughout the conference as part of the Tech Council Investors Network track;
- 17 more were picked for the fast-moving Elevator Pitch Olympics on Nov. 11;
- A record number of 511 one-on-one meetings involving 78 companies and spread among nearly 50 investor groups are planned for the Nov. 9 Investor Intros
- A plenary panel of Midwest investors from outside Wisconsin will discuss “Midwest momentum in trying times” on the morning on Nov. 11
The conference will also feature:
- A variety of insightful keynote speakers, including viral influencer Jon Jacques and targeted panel discussions featuring leading entrepreneurs, investors and others tied to the tech and investing sectors
- Previously announced presentations include: A new Wisconsin partnership involving the international Creative Destruction Lab, Epic Systems’ new healthcare platform, and Wisconsin as a hub of bio-industrial revolution. More to come!
- 7th annual “Triple E” award winner Lorrie Keating Heinemann to be recognized along with a ‘Trep Teachers to Watch video segment.
- Virtual sponsor exhibit hall showcasing more than 40 innovative Wisconsin companies
The Tech Council produces the conference. Sponsors so far include: 100state, Aberdean, Advanced Materials Industrial Consortium, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Aurora Health Care, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, C.D. Smith Construction, City of Fitchburg, Concordia University Wisconsin, CUNA Mutual, Dane County Regional Airport, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Exact Sciences, Findorff, First Business Bank, Fluno Center, Godfrey & Kahn, Google, HealthX Ventures, Husch Blackwell, Idea Fund of La Crosse, Insperity, Kimberly-Clark, KW2, M3 Insurance, Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ Hey Communications, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Michael Best, Mobile 22, Morgridge Institute, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Northwestern Mutual, One City Schools, Oshkosh Corp., Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, RSM US, Signature Bank, Skyward, State of Wisconsin Investment Board, Summit Credit Union, board member Susan Healy, TASC, University Research Park, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison Computer Sciences, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing Productivity, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi and Ziegler.