What do companies as diverse as American Airlines, Macy’s, Schneider, American Family, Coca-Cola, McDonald’s and Closet Maid have in common?
At some point, they have all turned to social media experts from Wisconsin who will be on stage June 5 at the 2018 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference in Madison to offer hands-on advice to conference attendees in Madison.
“Social Media 101: What companies need to do” will be held 2 p.m. Tuesday, June 5, at Union South on the UW-Madison campus. Register here to take part in the full conference.
The panel, which will be open to all conference tracks, will be moderated by nationally renowned social media strategist and author Spencer X. Smith and will feature:
- Chelsey Dequaine, social media director at Isthmus
- Katie Hill, digital marketing director at Rippe Keane Marketing
- Josh Klemons, founder of Reverbal Communications
- D.P. Knudten, chief collaborator at COLLABORATORcreative
- Sara Tetzloff, public relations and social media senior account executive at Hiebing
We’re excited to have such a collection of talent on stage to share their expertise and ‘war stories’ with companies and entrepreneurs,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council, which is producing the 16th annual conference. “This panel won’t be an exercise in theory, but a chance to learn from veteran practitioners.”
“Powering bright ideas for Wisconsin entrepreneurs” is the 2018 theme for the event, where ‘treps from around the state will showcase their innovations, services and technologies. A dozen panel tracks formed under three unique stages of “launch,” “grow” and “succeed” will appeal to entrepreneurs in all stages. Detailed panel information is now available on the conference website: witrepsconference.com.
The Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. More than 500 people are expected for the two-day conference, to be held at Union South for the second year. Parking information is available through the conference website or click here. Other highlights will include:
- Day One keynote speaker Marsha Lindsay, internally known for her work on corporate branding.
- Day Two keynote Tom Erickson, a serial software entrepreneur.
- Day Two opening panel unveiling the “Badger Fund of Funds” team, which will invest in Wisconsin companies.
- The 15th annual Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” award winners, Kerry and Dude Frank of Comply365 in Beloit.
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off on June 5
- Social media contest using conference hashtag: #WiTreps
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony on June 6
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from more than 40 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments including a June 5 reception.
Sponsors so far are: Aberdean, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, Barb Luhring Graphic Recording, BDO, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, BMO Harris Bank, Boardman & Clark, Carroll University, Center for Technology Commercialization, CGI, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt Ross & Stevens, DXC Technology, Findorff, First Business Bank, Godfrey & Kahn, HealthX Ventures, Hudson Business Lounge, Husch Blackwell, IBM, JP Cullen, Madison College, Madison Development Corp., Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ Hey! Communications, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Merchant & Gould, Michael Best, Microsoft, Midwest Prototyping, Technology Innovation Center – Milwaukee, MOD Media Productions, Murphy Desmond, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Noble Applications, Northwestern Mutual, Old National Bank, Quarles & Brady, Red Arrow Productions, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, River Valley Bank, Rockwell Automation, Smith & Gesteland, Summit Credit Union, Susan Healy (board member), Uber, University Research Park, UW-Green Bay, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison Center for Research on the Wisconsin Economy, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Dept. of Computer Sciences, UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations, UW-Madison University Relations, Venture Investors, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., WHEFA, Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Hospital Association and Wisconsin Technical College System.
To get registered or for more information, visit witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.