Dave Berkus, a nationally known investor and entrepreneur with insights into Internet, multi-media and software trends, will speak at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, to be held June 5-6 at Milwaukee’s Pfister Hotel.
Berkus is the chairman emeritus of the Tech Coast Angels, managing director of other early stage funds in southern California, and a board member or chairman of 10 public and private technology companies. He is a consultant for tech-based companies of all sizes and the author of eight books on starting and financing a business. Berkus has been a part of more than 70 startups over time, either as an investor or board member.
Berkus will lead off the conference the morning of Wednesday, June 6, with a presentation on technology trends.
“Dave Berkus is that unique combination of investor and entrepreneur who knows how to deliver no-nonsense advice to all,” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council. “He’s a respected trend-watcher who puts listeners at ease while telling them what they need to know.”
Berkus will join Julie Wainwright, founder of Pets.com and TheRealReal.com, and Bob Dorf, co-author of “The Startup Owners’ Manual” and a serial entrepreneur who has helped define lean startup principles, as headline speakers at the 10th annual conference. Other highlights include:
- Chances to mingle with angel investors from across the Midwest, who will attend a meeting of the Angel Capital Association during the conference;
- The Top 12: Finalists in the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off;
- The Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” Award, with the 2012 winner to be announced before the conference;
- Eighteen panels and workshops built around the themes of “Launch, Grow and Succeed” and;
- Plenty of chances to network over food and refreshments!
The Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference is produced by the Tech Council, the independent, non-profit science and technology advisers to the governor and the Legislature. It serves as a catalyst for the growth of Wisconsin’s tech-based and entrepreneurial economy.