In fairness, a lot more important news has popped lately – Osama bin Laden’s death, the return of $4 gasoline and, of course, the royal wedding. So you may have missed that the folks in Madison are getting back to the business of business. Remember all the fanfare around job creation and economic growth that came with Gov. Scott Walker’s election last fall? That took a back seat in February when Walker unveiled a state budget-repair bill that dramatically weakened the reach of public-employee unions. Republican legislators circled the wagons, Democratic senators caught the next wagon to Illinois, and the streets surrounding the Capitol became a stage for CNN and Fox News.Read full Journal Sentinel commentary here.
- RSVP for the May 20 WisBusiness.com virtual event: “Summer Tourism Outlook: How will Wisconsin take advantage of a post-pandemic visitor surge?May 10, 2021
- WisBusiness: The Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference on June 3 will feature a panel discussion on the Midwestern trend of creating “funds of funds” to advance the startup economyMay 10, 2021
- Madison.com: That’s so Fetch: Wes Schroll, ‘unicorn’ CEO, to speak at Wisconsin Entrepreneurs ConferenceMay 10, 2021
- Milwaukee Journal Sentinel: Evers’ proposal for $100 million venture capital fund gets bipartisan support from former secretariesMay 7, 2021
- WEDC: Wisconsin Tomorrow – An economy for allMay 7, 2021