MADISON – From heart failure biomarkers to novel electric motors, and from learning games to training software for drone pilots, 28 companies have been selected to pitch to potential investors and others at the 2016 Wisconsin Early Stage Symposium on Nov. 16 at Madison’s Monona Terrace Convention Center.
Another 22 companies were picked to present in the 90-second “Elevator Pitch Olympics,” which will be held on the second day of the Nov. 16-17 conference. Those young companies will be announced soon.
The Nov. 16 Tech Council Investor Network tracks will feature 28 companies making five-minute presentations during two sessions, morning and afternoon. Nearly 90 companies from across the Midwest applied to present at the annual conference or to meet with investors through the new “Investor Intros” track.
About half of the selected companies are engaged in health care, biotechnology or health IT; the remainder are focused on software, advanced manufacturing, agriculture, services and sustainability. Selected were:
3PrimeDx, Lincolnshire, Ill.; AG Gas, Hudson; Classmunity, Whitefish Bay; C-Motive, Madison; DCT, Springfield, Mo.; Ebullient, Madison; Field59, Madison; GlucanBio, Madison; HealthDecision, Madison; ImageMover MD, Middleton; Innoblative, Chicago, Ill.; Insulete, Madison; Intellivisit, Waukesha; Isomark, Madison; Learning Games Studios, Madison; Lincetra, Madison; LynxBio, Madison; Metria, Milwaukee; NewOz Big Data Analytics, Menomonee Falls; NRU-Nutrient Recovery and Upcycling, Madison; OneEvent Technologies, Mount Horeb; OnLume, Madison; Pilot Training System, Madison; Polco, Madison; Prospex Medical Partners, Stillwater, Minn.; Simply Incredible Foods, Port Edwards; Spaulding Medical, West Bend; and Thermatome, Chicago, Ill.
Read a short description of each company on the “Presentations” page at www.wisearlystage.com. Other conference highlights previously announced include:
- Remarks at the Wisconsin W·O·M·E·N reception the evening of Nov. 15 by Eve Hall, the president of the African-American Chamber of Commerce. The reception will begin at 5:30 p.m. in the meeting space at M3 Insurance, 828 John Nolen Drive. Register here for this separate event.
- Nov. 16 panel discussion entitled “Invest in the Midwest: How regional funds view Wisconsin.”
- Experts from leading national law firms and funds will take part in “A national view: Trends in early stage investing,” 9 a.m. Thursday, Nov. 17.
- Remarks 1 p.m. Nov. 17 by Jack Salzwedel, chief executive officer and president of American Family Insurance and a community innovation leader.
- The Excellence in Entrepreneurial Education award, which will go to Jan Eddy.
- The Investor Hall of Fame award, which will go to Carl Gulbrandsen.
Registration is open at www.wisearlystage.com. The conference will also feature:
- A new “Investor Intros” speed-dating segment on Thursday, Nov. 17.
- “Office Hours,” which are small-group meetings with subject experts on a mix of topics.
- SBIR/STTR awards luncheon to recognize grant recipients from the past year.
- The “First Look” forum featuring selected campus-based technologies.
- Exhibit hall showcasing more than 40 Wisconsin companies.
The Tech Council produces the conference. Sponsors so far include: 100State; Aberdean; Adana Holdings; Advanced Materials Industrial Consortium; Alliant Energy; American Family Insurance; American Transmission Co.; AT&T; Aurora Research Institute; Baird Capital; Baker Tilly; BDO; BloodCenter of WI; BMO Harris Bank; Boardman & Clark; Carroll University; City of Fitchburg; Concordia University; Cresa Madison; Dane County Regional Airport; Dedicated Computing; Enbridge; Findorff; First Business Bank; Fluno Center; Functional Biosciences; Godfrey & Kahn; HealthX Ventures; HP Enterprise Services; Husch Blackwell; Innovator Mindset; Madison College; Madison Gas & Electric; Makin HEY! Communications; Marquette University; Marshfield Clinic; Medical College of Wisconsin – OTD; Michael Best; Midwest Prototyping; Morgridge Institute; Murphy Desmond S.C.; N29 Capital Partners; Neider & Boucher; NEW Capital Fund; New Glarus Brewing Company; Perkins Coie; PreventionGenetics; Promega Corp.; Quarles & Brady; Red Arrow Production; Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren s.c.; Skyward; Smith & Gesteland; Square 1 Bank; State of Wisconsin Investment Board; Summit Credit Union; University Research Park; UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations; UW-Milwaukee Research Foundation; Venture Investors; Veritas; Wells Fargo; WERCBench Labs; Whitewater University Technology Park; WIPFLI; Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation; Wisconsin Center for Manufacturing & Productivity; Wisconsin Economic Development Corp.; Wisconsin Health & Educational Facility Authority; WTN Media; Ziegler
Learn more and register at www.wisearlystage.com.