According to Rhodium Group, which tracks Chinese investment into the U.S., over the last 13 years only two Wisconsin firms have received direct investment from China. Given that Wisconsin has been hardly a beacon for Chinese investment, it raises the question: How did a group of investors from a fourth-tier Chinese city — many of whom had never traveled to the U.S. before, and some of whom hadn’t even been overseas — end up on a shopping trip to Madison? Read the full Wall Street Journal story here.
- InsideWis: Psilocybin research makes for strange political bedfellows – but promise is thereAugust 5, 2021
- WisPolitics: Wisconsin could see nearly $6.2 billion over five years under the infrastructure billAugust 5, 2021
- Guest column: Commerce Department, NOAA ensuring U.S. remains a world leader in space commerceAugust 5, 2021
- WisBusiness: Winnow Fund makes first investment in Wisconsin-based KaPlointAugust 4, 2021
- Wisconsin State Journal: Psychedelic drug nonprofit to get its own facility in FitchburgAugust 4, 2021