The Public Service Commission unanimously approved utilities’ $433 million purchase of Wisconsin’s first and largest utility-scale solar project using battery storage in Kenosha County despite objections from consumer advocacy groups.

We Energies, Wisconsin Public Service and Madison Gas and Electric are acquiring the 200-megawatt solar project that will produce enough power for around 60,000 homes, as well as provide 110 megawatts of battery storage.

Chicago-based developer Invenergy is building the 1,500-acre project in the town of Paris. We Energies and WPS, owned by WEC Energy Group, will own 90 percent of the project while MGE would own the remaining 10 percent.

Click here to read the full article.