Returning military veterans and students may register at a discount to attend the virtual June 3 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, where this year’s theme is “Building blocks for young companies.”
Armed services veterans who want to learn about launching and growing a business as well as students of all levels may register for the 19th annual conference.
Veterans may attend the full conference for $49. That rate compares to the full conference fee of $109 and is made possible by the Wisconsin Technology Council’s support for the work of the state Department of Veterans Affairs and the Wisconsin Veterans Chamber of Commerce. An identical student rate is available.
“Post 9-11 veterans can bring a host of skills to business, from technical expertise to teamwork to a personal work ethic,” said Tom Still, president of the Tech Council, which produces the conference. “This conference can offer tips on how to launch, grow and succeed in business, while featuring chances to network with some of Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs and investors.”
Visit witrepsconference.com and click “Register Now,” then choose “Returning Veterans” or “Student” under the registration drop-downs.
Produced by the Tech Council, the Entrepreneurs’ Conference has been a signature event for entrepreneurs, investors and others in the early-stage sector since launched by the Tech Council in 2003. Detailed panel information will be posted soon at witrepsconference.com. Other highlights will include:
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will present live, via Zoom on June 2
- Keynote presentation from Wes Schroll of Fetch Rewards, sponsored by RSM
- Ken Hendricks ‘Seize the Day’ award presentation with 2021 honoree, Don Zietlow, Kwik Trip
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony with category winners, a grand prize winner, a “Bright New Idea” award and a new “People’s Choice” award this year
- Virtual interactive exhibitor booths from 30 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network 1:1 virtually, a variety of discussions under the “Launch, Grow, Succeed” theme and much more!
Sponsors thus far include: PLATINUM: American Transmission Co., AT&T, Godfrey & Kahn, Husch Blackwell, Michael Best, University Research Park, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp. GOLD: Aberdean Consulting, Makin’ HEY! Communications. SILVER: Affiliated Engineers, American Family Insurance, Alliant Energy, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Center for Technology Commercialization, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, HealthX Ventures, J.P. Morgan Chase, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Mobile22, Neider & Boucher, Ogden Glazer + Schaefer, PDS, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Shive-Hattery, Uber; UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, Venture Investors, Versiti, WEA Trust, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Technical College System. SPECIAL SUPPORT: Madison Development Corp. and RSM.