“Diversity and inclusion: What’s the point?” is a question to be explored by panelists with a mix of workforce experiences during a Tuesday, June 4 panel discussion at the 2019 Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference in Milwaukee.
The two-day conference will continue Wednesday, June 5 at Venue 42 in Milwaukee Brewing Co., 1128 N. 9th St., near the Fiserv Forum.
The plenary panel, which will be open to all conference tracks, will be moderated by Gretchen Jameson, senior vice president for strategy and university affairs at Concordia University. Speakers will be:
- Elmer Moore, executive director of Scale Up Milwaukee;
- Ben Juarez, founder of Cream City Coders; technology training manager for i.c.stars Milwaukee;
- Gina Pagan, a financial representative for Northwestern Mutual, which has consistently been recognized for its LGBT equality efforts;
- Dana Guthrie, managing director and founder, Alchemy Angels; product manager, Johnson Controls Inc.;
- Amanda Daering, chief executive officer of newance, the talent recruitment arm of NEWaukee;
- Tim Keane, founder and director of Golden Angels Investors; president of Keane Consultants
“The topic of diversity and inclusion generates conversation among big and small companies alike, but how do companies move beyond talk to action – and why?” said Tom Still, president of the Wisconsin Technology Council, which is producing the 17th annual conference.
“Connecting the I-Q Corridor” is the 2019 theme for the event, where ‘treps from around the state will showcase their innovations, services and technologies. A dozen panel tracks formed under three unique stages of “launch,” “grow” and “succeed” will appeal to entrepreneurs in all stages. Panel information is now available on the conference website: witrepsconference.com.
The Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. More than 500 people are expected for the two-day conference, moving back to Milwaukee for the first time in several years.
Other highlights will include:
- Day One keynote speaker Jeff Rusinow, a veteran super-angel investor who founded Silicon Pastures in 2000
- Day Two keynote speaker John Zeratsky, a tech designer and author of “Design Sprint”
- Live-stream of the two keynote speakers available for purchase, also accessible after the conference by attendees.
- “Seize the Day” 2019 winner Sue Marks to be recognized June 4
- Diligent Dozen of #GovsBizPlan: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest will square off on June 4 with the awards ceremony on June 5
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from more than 40 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments including a June 4 reception.
Sponsors so far are: Aberdean, Accelity Marketing, Affiliated Engineers, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, BDO, Ben Brewer Photography, Biz Times Milwaukee, BMO Harris Bank, Boardman & Clark, C.D. Smith Construction, Carroll University, Center for Technology Commercialization, CGI, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt, Findorff, First Business Bank, Foxconn, Godfrey & Kahn, Greater Green Bay Chamber of Commerce, Hendricks Holding Comp., Husch Blackwell, Madison College, Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ HEY!, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Microsoft, Midwest Prototyping, Milwaukee School of Engineering, Murphy Desmond, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Northwestern Mutual, Old National Bank, OneNeck IT Solutions, Perkins Coie, Quarles & Brady, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, Rockwell Automation, ScaleFactor, Susan Healy, Technology Innovation Center – Milwaukee, Telsa, Uber, University Research Park, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Office of Business Engagement, UW-Madison University Relations, Venture Investors, Versiti, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., WHEFA, Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi and Wisconsin Technical College System.
For more information, visit witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.