Armed services veterans who want to learn about launching and growing a business may register at a major discount to attend the 16th annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference, June 5-6 at Union South on the UW-Madison campus.
Veterans may attend the full conference, which includes two breakfasts, two lunches and an evening reception, for $60. That rate compares to the full conference fee of $269 and is made possible by the Wisconsin Technology Council’s support for the state Department of Veterans Affairs. An identical student rate is available.
“Post 9-11 veterans can bring a host of skills to business, from technical expertise to teamwork to a personal work ethic,” said Tom Still, president of the Tech Council, which produces the conference. “This conference can offer tips on how to launch, grow and succeed in business, while featuring chances to network with some of Wisconsin’s best entrepreneurs and investors.”
Visit WiTrepsConference.com and click “Register Now,” then choose “Returning Veterans” or “Student” under the registration drop-downs.
“Powering bright ideas for Wisconsin entrepreneurs” is the 2018 theme for the event, where ‘treps from around the state will showcase their innovations, services and technologies. A dozen panel tracks formed under three unique stages of “launch,” “grow” and “succeed” will appeal to entrepreneurs in all stages. Detailed panel information is now available on the conference website: witrepsconference.com.
The Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the largest events for entrepreneurs and early stage investors in the Upper Midwest. More than 500 people are expected for the two-day conference, to be held at Union South for the second year. Parking information is available through the conference website or click here. Other highlights will include:
- Day One keynote speaker Marsha Lindsay, internally known for her work on corporate branding.
- Day Two keynote Tom Erickson, a serial software entrepreneur.
- Day One plenary session on social media.
- Day Two opening panel unveiling the “Badger Fund of Funds” team, which will invest in Wisconsin companies.
- The 15th annual Ken Hendricks Memorial “Seize the Day” award winners, Kerry and Dude Frank of Comply365 in Beloit.
- Diligent Dozen: Top 12 finalists from the Governor’s Business Plan Contest square off on June 5
- Social media contest using conference hashtag: #WiTreps
- Governor’s Business Plan Contest awards ceremony on June 6
- Innovation Showcase featuring exhibits from more than 40 Wisconsin companies
- A presentation by the winner of the Wisconsin YES! youth business plan contest, and;
- Plenty of chances to network with seasoned entrepreneurs and investors over food and refreshments including a June 5 reception.
Sponsors so far are: Aberdean, Alliant Energy, American Family Insurance, American Transmission Co., AT&T, Baird Capital, Baker Tilly, Barb Luhring Graphic Recording, BDO, BloodCenter of Wisconsin, BMO Harris Bank, Boardman & Clark, Carroll University, Center for Technology Commercialization, CGI, City of Fitchburg, Dedicated Computing, DeWitt Ross & Stevens, DXC Technology, Findorff, First Business Bank, Godfrey & Kahn, HealthX Ventures, Hudson Business Lounge, Husch Blackwell, IBM, JP Cullen, Madison College, Madison Development Corp., Madison Gas & Electric, Makin’ Hey! Communications, Marquette University, Marshfield Clinic Health System, Merchant & Gould, Michael Best, Microsoft, Midwest Prototyping, Technology Innovation Center – Milwaukee, MOD Media Productions, Murphy Desmond, N29 Capital Partners, Neider & Boucher, Noble Applications, Northwestern Mutual, Old National Bank, Quarles & Brady, Red Arrow Productions, Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren, River Valley Bank, Rockwell Automation, Smith & Gesteland, Summit Credit Union, Susan Healy (board member), Uber, University Research Park, UW-Green Bay, UWM Research Foundation, UW-Madison Center for Research on the Wisconsin Economy, UW-Madison D2P, UW-Madison Dept. of Computer Sciences, UW-Madison Office of Corporate Relations, UW-Madison University Relations, Venture Investors, Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation, WEA Trust, Wisconsin Economic Development Corp., WHEFA, Whitewater University Technology Park, WIPFLi, Wisconsin Hospital Association and Wisconsin Technical College System.
For more information, visit witrepsconference.com or call 608-442-7557.